So angry !!! (long)

un1corn

Jan 6, 2008
Chester le Street
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Had a massive argument today over my dog...

Was walking my dog today in the woods and off the lead, he's a very well trained, always comes when called and apparently evil devil hound (rotty) who will eat this womans children!!!

This woman came along the main path in the woods and saw Nash running off the lead, picked one child up and started dragging the other child away screaming at me to get that 'THING' on its lead now before it savaged her kids... (kids were crying)

Called Nash over and he came instantly, made him sit and I asked the woman what the hell was her problem? Cue lots of expletives, shouting and generally being ridiculous about my evil dog which should be on the dangerous dogs list and banned from Britain!! At this point unfortunately I lost my temper a bit and told her to stop mentally scarring her kids and to p*ss off!

I started walking off and she followed me home (still shouting) and then phoned the police out cause a dog had 'almost' attacked her kids!!!

When the ploice came out my devil dog was sitting in the doorway of my house with a toddler playing dentist!! (including a toothbrush!).. policeman took statements shook his head and told the woman to leave me alone!!

Some people just make my blood boil...

Donna x

Sounds like dog took it all in his stride... Some people will argue with their shadow. I could understand her getting upset if he'd jumped up on her kids or something but to start shouting for nothing *argh*

I always end up with dogs jumping all over me whilst walking, which does annoy me (espcially when the dogs ignore their owners or worse owners ignore their dogs), I like dogs but don't always want to be covered in muddy prints!

Hope you're a bit calmer this morning :) can we get some pics? Love the sound of playing dentist heehee (the indignity they put up with!!)

Some people are just insane! I was walking past the little football field next to where I live and there was a man in there with a Rottie- the rottie spotted me! He loked to excited and found a way out of the field and ran up to me, what a love, the man was shouting 'its Ok, he really likes women' LOL! I was just worried he might have run into the traffic. Apparently the dog loves women so much he always runs up to them for a pat. What a devil :D It sad when people don't want to understand animals. People get like that with my rats too, they think they all carry hideous diseases that WILL kill them :rolleyes:

I am a lot calmer today after all, people and their ignorant views are not my fault or problem:rolleyes:

Nash to be honest really couldnt have cared less!! As long as I'm not being physically threatened he just sits there watching and if he does think I'm being threatened he just moves infront of me and gives people the thousand yard stare :D Usually works as a deterrent lol

Thing is though Ive always had rottys and I know that they are big powerful and potentially dangerous breeds and they have always been very well trained, Nash would never run over to someone and jump up, he has better manners than that!! When being stroked he always sits quietly unless its by a little person then he lies down to get his tummy rubbed:eek:

Oh and I also have 2 rats!! disease ridden creatures they are lol

I dont have a pic of the visit to the dentist so these ones will have to do :D
In his mouth is Iggle Piggle from in the night garden, its his favourite teddy bear and he puts in on the sofa when I hoover...:eek:

Donna x

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Oh yes he looks downright vicious.. Just look at what he's doing to poor Iggle Piggle!! :D;)

Some people are crazy, I wouldn't let it get to you. You know your dog's a sweetie and that's all that matters!!

You know what- I am totally fed up with this country, when I was 8 i walked all my mums dogs all with friends{also children} we played together, never had any pathetic neurotic mothers out there.

Roll in 25 yrs, I walk dogs for a living and have lost count of the amount of mums, even grandparents who scoop up there children when they catch sight of a dog.
Or they scream' DONT TOUCH IT OR IT WILL BITE YOU< IT WILL EAT YOU! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: blood boiling.

When I am in the right mood, I will chat to them and explain that they are doing it all wrong, they should simply tell the children ' do not touch, please ask the owner if you can stroke it, or kids will run around thinking every dog will bite them.

In the holidays I try and walk as early as possible or in rain to avoid these people, BUT I have a 9 yr old daughter who will happily run up to these people and tell them not to worry and dont be silly, its funny when a 9yr old says something to an adult I dont get moaned at or sworn at!!

I am a lot calmer today after all, people and their ignorant views are not my fault or problem:rolleyes:

Nash to be honest really couldnt have cared less!! As long as I'm not being physically threatened he just sits there watching and if he does think I'm being threatened he just moves infront of me and gives people the thousand yard stare :D Usually works as a deterrent lol

Thing is though Ive always had rottys and I know that they are big powerful and potentially dangerous breeds and they have always been very well trained, Nash would never run over to someone and jump up, he has better manners than that!! When being stroked he always sits quietly unless its by a little person then he lies down to get his tummy rubbed:eek:

Oh and I also have 2 rats!! disease ridden creatures they are lol

I dont have a pic of the visit to the dentist so these ones will have to doIn his mouth is Iggle Piggle from in the night garden, its his favourite teddy bear and he puts in on the sofa when I hoover...

Donna x

look he ate iggly piggly after eating the child :eek::D

how pathetic of the stupid woman, shes making her kids scared of dogs:confused:

i have problems because i have staffs and a wolfhound, they are too soft for their own good, the staff pups pluck the wolf hound :eek:

and i got told i shouldnt rescue rats because they caused the black plague :eek:

my rats have more intelligance than a lot of people :D

Colleen&Val... :D poor iggle piggle lol did post that pic on another forum and was told that dogs shouldnt have teddys cause it may provoke it to attack a baby who's holding one:rolleyes: and I hand reared my 2 rats from 1 week old so any diseases they have they got off me!!!!

Noodle... That 1 sentance is enough to p me off for the rest of the day, bloody ignorant people who end up with kids even more ignorant than they are through no fault of their own. Although I can imagine the looks on peoples faces with your daughter telling them their wrong:D

Donna x

we need to see this from the other womans point of view too, if she is anything like my mum who needs my puppy on a lead when ever she comes over she is probably scared of your dog, she may have been attacked when she was younger or someone close to her was, but she shouldnt have called the police or followed you home

I totally understand that she could have been scared of my dog, she may have even been attacked when she was younger but the fact is if she hadn't started squawking and hollering we probably wouldn't have even seen her! If I was faced with a deadly tiger in the woods (in co durham you never know what you'll find in them woods lol) I would be sneaking away in the opposite direction as quiet as I could, her outburst was more outraged than scared in my opinion...

D x

The flip side of this is when my nephew recently asked a woman walking her dog on a lead if he could stroke the dog, the woman agreed, said the dog was harmless and then the dog attacked my nephew. My nephew is now both physically (bit off a chunk of his nose, ripped his arm and leg open) and mentally scarred.

I congratulate you on having the sense to have a well trained dog and agree the other woman did take things too far. But as with horses, dogs are not machines and can "flip out", for want of a better phrase, at any time. Fingers crossed it won't be your child in the news next time one does.

i have a rottie and the biggest wimp you could ever hope to meet, noodle will back me up on that one.

The last time i met someone hysterical, i actually told her that she was safe, roxy had already eaten and was also fussy about what she eat. She was then further placated when roxy got attacked by a yorkie and all roxy did was sit down and look at me as if to say "erm help, what am i suppose to do".. The owner of the yorkie said "isnt she docile" i said "yes, arent you lucky, would you mind removing your dog"

that hysterical woman is now one of roxys best friends, and it took the woman ages before roxy would approach her.

I just find that people like who you came across are ignorant and believe all the bad media hype without getting to know the dog or the breed.

i love my rottie and wont part with her for all the tea in china. she is my best ever dog and really is my dog, if you know what i mean, she will do more for me than she will for anyone else in the family. She had got her bronze kennel club good citizenship award and we are working towards her silver. She also comes out round the farm with me when i am riding, she is calm around the horses and is generally far better behaved than lots of small dogs.

Why is it that people with little dogs dont bother to train their dogs, why do they think that its just as acceptable to people that their little dog leaps up and jumps all over people, wont come to call and try to bite my horses heels, but when they meet a big dog who is calmly walking to heel and obviously well trained they go beserk.

I'm so sorry about your nephew and in that situation my dog would have been pts the very same day... but *most* dogs that have 'flipped out' have previously shown some signs of aggression - I'm not going to start banging on about the correct way to approach a dog and stuff cause I think its all bollocks. If the dog turns the dog turns and thats it... end of the line imo.

And if you ever do see my child in the news cause my dog has attacked him you will also see me as the next story cause I killed the dog myself...
Harsh but true

D x

newrider.com