So .... at the weekend.....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
.... we went JUMPIES!!! o_O

Our little nearby venue where it is all casual and relaxed. Gracie and I hadn't jumped a thing since July so we started from scratch and opted for poles on the ground- to ease ourselves back into it. Prepping at the yard and driving there I was really overcome with nerves and have realised that since I had pneumonia earlier this year, my nerves now manifest in breathlessness and an inability to breathe! :oops: Not nice. I walked the course and staggered back to tack her up, huffing, puffing and feeling shaky but once in the saddle I calmed straight down, got my oxygen back and was overcome with a steely determination! I really don't know why I bothered with poles because as you can see, Gracie just jumped the majority of them anyway! :rolleyes:

20181203_203120-800x635.jpg

Sadly I had a brain fart and forgot the course, so we came second....out of two! Haha

The next round was small cross poles. Having definitely memorized the course, I pushed on and we went clear and fastest and WON (out of 4)! Again, I really don't know why I thought she'd jump small!!

20181203_203257-800x660.jpg

Our third round was 45cm and she absolutely stormed round in the fastest time. Unfortunately my lack or practise led to incorrect placing and she had a fence down so those four faults led to a 3rd place (again out of 4)

20181203_203200-800x557.jpg

20181203_203141-800x547.jpg

I felt that that was enough for her so we left it there. Next time I'm going to try 45 and 55cm.

It was a fab day and Gracie was a total superstar and didn't put a hoof wrong. She really seems to enjoy jumping and I'm so proud of her. The saddle was fab, it didn't move and I felt safe and "in" it. G had minimal high jinks going into her first canter but I know she was just very excited and keen.

20181203_203323-600x791.jpg

IMG-20181202-WA0004-800x533.jpg

Now I've got to work on technique and position (those elbows though!!) We're booked into our first jumping clinic next week!!!

Yay you're back! it's amazing how a niggle with the saddle can make you feel anxious/nervy and you don't know why, then you find one you can really gel into and poof you're all better :)

Yes - I've been there a few times recently - I'm back again on 22nd. I'm always on the lookout for new clinics to go to :)

I love it! Your face tells a super story, from the grim determination to the woohooo at the end. Well done both of you, onwards and upwards :D

newrider.com