So confused... Which saddle?!

BeachRiding

Aug 26, 2004
USA
Okay I found the perfect saddle, perfect for his withers, awesome looking,
so comfortable, yet its too tight on the sides. pushing into him...:( this is the $700 saddle...

Then there is the other saddle, perfect, one inch short of pressing on the withers, nice color, I love the other one so much better though. Price $1,100, a bit steep, and I don't think I really want it... It's a billy cook.

Should I keep looking, I am so dissapointed I love the $700 one... or should I buy a new horse with better withers?:p :rolleyes: This is the like 15th saddle I have tried on him...

Does any on know consignment stores online?

I would go with a treeless. They fit almost any horse, so they will last you a long time. Yes, the price is steep, but it's about the same as buying three or four cheaper and lower quality saddles throughout your life.

Well, it took me 2 1/2 months of owning Skeeter before I found a saddle that fit. I tried loads and loads. At the time, I was so stressed and anxious, but in hindsight the wait was not really that big a deal if it meant getting a saddle that fit. Patience is definitely needed for saddle searching, esp. if very high withers are an issue (they were for me).

KarinUS had mentioned in another recent thread that she knew some online consignment places. Try searching for her recent posts to find where she mentions that. Not sure if she gave the information or not, but it sounded like she is someone to talk to about this.

newrider.com