So dark!

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
I have been sitting here thinking it must be really late - getting on for 11 maybe. Just looked at the time and it isn't even 9 o'clock yet. It's pitch black outside!

I know im getting my timings all wrong. Its mega dark here early tonight as its been raining here since 6pm. I keep thinking every night ive still got loads of time to do the rounds on the animals before its dark but actual havent. I am going to have to set my sunset alarm up on my phone soon so i can reorganise my schedule.

Ive been also trying to plan what times i can fit in to ride. Normally autumn to mid November i get up and ride at 6am as not enough time to ride evenings after work. I was plannings on starting early mornings beginning of September, but judging by the fact the boys for one reason and another have only had a couple of rides this week. I think i need to make the change sooner. Theres just no time now in the evenings. Cant see me riding much next week as im feeding cats for someone morning and evening. Always something. Maybe the following week im going to have to swap.

Reactions: Bodshi and Huggy
It seems to be coming in really quickly this year, but perhaps that's just my perception because I'm not out riding in the evenings :(

Reactions: Bodshi
I had better fire up the re-chargeable lights soon. When I tuck everyone up it will soon be torch time again:( Doesn't seem two minutes since we celebrated the fact we didn't need a torch! And of course I love watching Zi come and go from the kitchen of an evening whilst we eat dinner.

Dare I say it, but I prefer autumn and winter! Don't like rain, but sadly we get a lot here over the colder months. I just wish we didn't have the clock change - ultimately, it only gives about 1 month's lighter mornings, then makes no difference.

I like the summer day lengths, although it makes my day longer staying out till all hours which makes me tired on the downside. But im fitter in summer than winter as on not sitting on my backside as much. I just hate the summer heatwaves.

Winters fine with shorter days work wise. But no fun working in the dark in the rain and cold.

Dare I say it, but I prefer autumn and winter! Don't like rain, but sadly we get a lot here over the colder months. I just wish we didn't have the clock change - ultimately, it only gives about 1 month's lighter mornings, then makes no difference.

Yes you dare say it! lol
There isn't much summer here, it's more like autumn all year around - the temps never really plummet in winter, but don't rise too high in summer either. Just how I like it. I don't miss minus temps and frozen water or snow.

Definitely starting to draw in now so my evening hacks will be getting shorter and shorter. I do however prefer autumnal hacking when the flies are gone and its cool and crisp.

From a non riding point of view, I prefer winter clothes - I'm a sucker for jackets and boots in particular - it's a family joke, the number of boots I have.

Reactions: Trewsers and Bodshi
Yes, I think that's part of it @Bodshi

I don't mind the seasons (although, I could give or it take the dark winter) but I don't feel like I've had a summer yet!

Yes, I think that's part of it @Bodshi

I don't mind the seasons (although, I could give or it take the dark winter) but I don't feel like I've had a summer yet!
I can even deal with the dark, its the rain I really can't bear, even freezing temps and ice are ok so long as it doesn't rain so much

Reactions: Huggy
I love the idea of cold crisp days, getting togged up in suitable clothing and enjoying hacking out in the clear air. In reality most days seem to be just dismal and raining, too foggy or too icy to hack.

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
I love the idea of cold crisp days, getting togged up in suitable clothing and enjoying hacking out in the clear air. In reality most days seem to be just dismal and raining, too foggy or too icy to hack.

Lol we all buy into the image of the lady holding her horse togged up in nice shiny new smart winter horse gear complete with pristine horse - frosty whiskers included. In reality it's either too wet, cold or windy or all of those things. I'm not cynical at all.........................there are nice days of course. Normally when I'm chained to my desk for work................... :p

newrider.com