So far today.....

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I have mucked out and ridden and eaten a delicious breakfast of potato cakes followed by two m and s choccy biscuits. OH bought me a Jenny Pitman novel for Christmas and my friend bought me a Sherlock colouring book! I'm going to give the girls a lunch time treat soon of swede and carrot and then I shall be torn between reading or colouring:D Meanwhile Mr T is busy beavering away preparing our feast for later:D we're having our dinner tonight, I thought I might end up too full to sort the girls out otherwiseo_O:p
Oh and whilst reading I will use my Crabtree & Evelyn 60 seconds on my poor horse-worked hands:D
Life is good.......so hope you are all relaxing and enjoying.

Sounds like a wonderful morning Trews :)

So far we have walked 5 dogs,fed and hayed 6 horses and had special cuddles with my 2. Bampam,Harry and Ella have arrived and we are having and a faaily day.

Mum,dad and I are having our Xmas day with our presents tomorrow morning as was a lot to do today so I'm excited as still have all my presents to look forward to and really looking forward to mum and dad opening all theirs. Dad especially loves Xmas and is like a huge kid :D

Oo you are so lucky to get a ride Trews, long may it last.

I was up at 5.30 this morning to sort myself and the ponies before driving down to mums for breakfast :) we've done prezzies and mum and my brothers have gone to visit my granddad in hospital and we will do dinner when they get back, my neighbour is checking the ponies for me tonight and in the morning so I can stay here and see my youngest sister in the morning :D

I am visiting mum so no horse duties today! We have walked the dogs but other than that eaten way too much chocolate, drunk a few glasses of prosecco and just had an afternoon sleep! Christmas Day is the only day a daytime nap is acceptable in my eyes lol!! Just about to walk down to my brothers for more present exchange and games!

I had a few horsie things for Christmas, did you guys? I had a riding permit to ride in the local Crown Estate area - some yardies already go in there but I hate trespassing so would rather have one so I can go exploring confidently in there, it opens up more hacking routes and hopefully ones that aren't so boggy! Also had macwet gloves and a hi viz numnah, and a new uber powerful head torch for the yard.

Gave the girls an early tea and as a special treat both got a drop of Murphys in their bowls lol OH shared his can with Chloe whom I hope will not need an asbo later:Dshe licked some off his hand, Storm was a bit scared of the taste:p they loved their apples. Two very happy and content girls as it's raining hard so they are sheltering with a huge pile of hay:)

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Fed chickens, dogs & wild birds. Went to stables fed chickens and horses - Josh & 3 friends . Turned out, mucked out etc. Extra extra strong mints for the neddies - I shall be mugged for the rest of the week! Cooked Xmas dinner for me, OH and Mum. Skyped grandkids - marvellous invention and finally sat down to open pressies about 5.30. Horses very well cared for by my friend. Watched Downton. Fell asleep..................

I was doing okay until just before Xmas dinner. I'd cycled up to the yard and done ale, then come home we had breakfast with the grandparents and opened some of our presents.

Then I started getting a sore throat and headache, took paracetamol but after dinner and popping to the yard to do ales evening hay I felt poorly.

I got very dizzy and nearly fainted a couple of times :( accompanied by a throat so sore I couldn't even swallow. It all came on so quickly and was quite scary and dissapointing missing the evening fun, games and nibbles :(

My throat is slightly less sore today so hoping to open the rest of my presents and join in with the games and buffet later but I really don't think I will be riding ale like planned or very good company today.

At least I have been referred for my tonsils now!!

Very glad you have a referral Ale -
Sorry you became ill on Christmas day tho - Even without my tonsils, it has happened to me several times in the past, running a temperature - usually put down to stress of shopping, preparing Christmas and cooking the lunch. I am well this year as family made a stupendous effort and took much of the baking off my shoulders.
But I am not riding and unlike many of you have no animals to look after.

How are you coping with all the rain @Trewsers? My sister lives near Bacup, and the rivers overflowing and bursting it's banks in places :(

It's pretty horrible but so far here (touch wood) only place badly affected locally to us has been Whalley. Apparently the poor folk are flooded again.:(
Next door to us have a problem with it, their kitchen was a mess a couple of weeks ago and they think they've got it sorted but today is bringing fresh worry:(

newrider.com