So much for the new £5 notes

Well that's useless! I don't like them, I know it makes me sound ancient but they just don't feel like proper money :( . I'd rather they'd brought in a coin than this crappy note.

I didn't even manage to rip the old one this bad.
It will need to taken back to the bank.

I thought they were supposed to be non creasing. Ive had a few that have been crumpled and when you flatten them out they look messy. Makes me want to iron them. There also slippy. I keep dropping them. Apparently the banks are having trouble when counting due to them being smaller than the old fiver's. Then get miss counted if they have the old and new muddled in together. They have been told to extract the old ones from circulation as quickly as possible.
What about march when we get the new multi sided £1 coin.

I hadn't realised they were changing the £1 coin. Why? Now all the meters etc that take them will need changing. Madness.

I think there is a new £10 note on the way too.

The new fives are more fiddly to count and they just seem too small, but other than that we haven't had any trashed ones at work yet.

We get quite alot of old notes that have been written on, I haven't tried to write on a new one but if you can't then that's a good thing. Its weird to write things like a shopping list or an address on a note but we get it all the time. Also when you count old notes they all fold over and corners bend, new ones don't so I guess in that respect they are easier.

I love coins but I like the pound as it is, we do get a lot of euros and other similar coins taken as payment so I wonder if they are making it 20 sided to make it a bit more distinct

Someone was telling me that one country has done away with money altogether. Everything is paid for by card. This will probably be the future for us all.

Not in my lifetime I hope.
I used to think this too NF but thinking about it I hardly ever use cash anymore, the only people who get cash are my farrier and EDT, other than that I don;t remember the last time I paid with cash for anything.

I think if you have a choice then fair enough. What gets me is the decisions that make people feel they have to do something.

Well I took it back and apparently you can just tape back up. But they shouldn't tear in the first place.
I do use PayPal but that's choice. Initially it wasn't as ebay dictated you had to have to carry on and people left. But it was preferable to waiting for cheques and the e cheques that took week. So I accepted and use for pretty much everything.

I don't like self service tills, but you can still have human serve you.

Paypal is good for online for sure.

I flatly refuse to go to a self serve register.

Lol my husband went into a store the other nite and I guess he went thru one= or should I say tried! lol
His money was not crease free pristine so it did not like some of his bills.
and I guess it took him 5 times as long!!

I was not in the store -- MAYBE NOW he understands why I totally
wont use one!

newrider.com