So proud of Cyrus

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
Everything going really well with Cyrus, didn't get in as much riding as would have liked last couple weeks but today did a jumping session and a couple friends were helping, encouraging me and setting up jumps.

He did fantastic, we even jumped an 80cm skinny, a month ago had real aversion to them and he'd almost always try to run out at skinnies. Did this one three times an no run outs whatsever, he felt like he totally was with me and wanted to jump it :bounce:

My friend, who doesn't have horse of her own, hopped up on him too and he jumped lovely for her. Hopefully doing competition in couple weeks and as she is more experienced than me have asked her (and she is happy to) jump him in the midis (70-80cm approx) and I will jump him in minis (60-70s).

To finish off session took him to the indoor and my other friend's daughter who is a lovely little rider had a little walk and some lovely trots on him. She is 7 but very good confident rider and my boy totally looked after her too, he really is one special horse and a complete sweetheart :wub:

He def sounds like a horse in a zillion and you are lucky to have him and him you :biggrin:

He really is just perfect isnt he?:biggrin: Have you got the new saddle yet? Just wondering how you like it as might be a possible for Dolly when they eventually get back out to me.:smile:

He sounds like a very special, wonderful wee horse!!! You must be so pleased and proud of him!!!:biggrin:

Thanks everyone, love him so much, always happiest when at yard and miss him when I can't get up :giggle: Couldn't ask for a better horse, was so sweet today was outside his stable after untacking etc and chatting to my friend and he just leans his head out and on my shoulder gently for snuggles :happy:

Cortrasna: His new saddle is ready and is being brought out Thursday. I found it really comfy and fitted him lovely at fitting, he went very nicely in it :biggrin: I'll let you know Thursday after ride in it for longer.

newrider.com