So that turned into an expensive horsey weekend ...

PePo

Jun 4, 2014
Usually, I'm pretty strict about my spending on horsey items, but this weekend I might have gone *slightly* overboard. I totally blame my Mum - there's an incredibly good reason why we aren't often allowed to go shopping together (last time, we went out for a champagne afternoon tea & narrowly avoided buying a hot tub but did buy a new sofa complete with matching arm chairs. As you do ... ). We just can't be trusted together in a shop.

So anyway, it was my Birthday last month so I decided a hat would be the most practical thing but it turns out I've got an awkward sized head so after visiting a fair few shops the last few weeks and I've finally found one that fitted. So, I now have a nice new shiny Charles Owen Ayr8 leather look hat on order. I'm rather hoping having the same hat as Charlotte Dujardin, will make me ride like her ... :D I mean, that's how it works, right?

Unfortunately, the tack shop had A. Lots of beautiful things and B. a sale on. This is where things began to a bit further down hill. Pete now has a new pair of magnetic boots, headcollar & leadrope, enough haynets to make up a week's worth at a time and feed bowls I'm hoping he won't chew the handles off, for at least a week.

Naturally (!!), a new hat would have highlighted the fact my riding boots are pretty much falling apart so I got a pair of jodhpur boots, 2 new pairs of breeches (in my defense, I have gone from a size 14-12 to a size 8) and one pair had diamantes on the back pockets - sparkly things still makes me excited even as a twenty-something, a sports like material riding top. Oh, and a knitted head warmer & snood, which naturally I had to have because it has diamantes knitted in, which match the breeches. I may have bought the matching diamante socks to just to complete the look :D

I feel it's a definite sign you've been in a tack shop too long for your own good, when the owner puts the kettle on for you and passes around the biscuits!

Mum & I have promised each other (and also my Dad, who we told we were just 'popping to the yard for a quick hack'. I did hack, so not a total lie ...) we are not going shopping together for at least another few months. Although, we have just realised that we need to go back next weekend to pick up said riding hat ... anyone sensible fancy keeping hold of my card until then?!

He he, I bet shops LOVE you and your Mum. I'm very boring and tight as they come, so rarely buy anything new. Sounds like you had a lot of fun though :)

Reactions: newforest
That sounds like fun.
I have bought a new lightweight jacket but that's it.
I only visit the tack shop four times a year, they make nothing out of me. :)

Yes well done, well deserved retail therapy :D oh and the new hat, that means you'll be at the next Olympics, don't forget us little fishies at NR ;)

Reactions: Gimp
Sounds like a perfect day to me :p well done on the weight loss, new beeches defiantly deserved! Yes that's exactly how it works you will defiantly be the next Charlotte ;)

newrider.com