So Upset and angry

MistyGal

Jan 24, 2011
Norfolk
:stomp::stomp::stomp:
So my share horse has been lame week after I took her on. Her full loaner and I have shared her. Last 2 months she has been on box rest and I have pretty much solved a stable issue she had with time and patience and really bonding with her.
But bad news... the vet has said her leg is really not good and thats all I know execpt the full loaner i share with has text me to say she has phoned the owner and given a months notice for her to take her back. She is giving up and do I want her on full loan for the month until she goes back??
:furious::furious:
Do I look stupid???? I have been paying £20 a week, did her twice a day for 2wks when she went on holiday and 4 days a week all other times.
Only ever rode her once and now she wants me to take her on... and pay for all her Hay/Feed etc as she is walking away from it all!! :stomp::stomp::stomp:
I am so upset, how can people be so well..... you make up the word!!
:furious::furious:

I must be so gullible!! Forgot to mention I work full time too (high pressure financial job)... cold sores/ bed at 8pm coz i am shattered as it is after the 2 weeks I did solid and not recovered.

Speak to the owner and see what they have to say - also find out what the vet has said from the owners, you will then have an idea as to what is going on and decide from there.

There are lots of horses out there for part share if you do decide to move on.

not good :(, however there are lots of sound and decent loan horses out there, take it on the chin and move on. Have you spoken to Mistys actual owner about this?

No I dont know her and dont know whats been said.. I might try and find her details see what she says - thanks

What she's done is bang out of order! She can't expect you to take a poorly horse on, when she has the responsibility of being the full loaner.. is she sub letting to you? and are you in the contract? If not you've every right to tell her where to stick it and walk away.. personally though, I'd do that anyway, she's used you, she could well have been planning this:devil:

No not in a contract.. I would walk away but fear the poor horse will go without any attention. I think the plan always was for her to find something else anyway (i pretty much sussed that quite early on) but she needed someone to take her on so she could... problem is the injury has hindered all that and so she has bailed...
I want to walk but also do not want to let misty down, shes adorable... She is going to get someone else to do her on her normal days and I do my normal days until she is returned to owner... I am too soft i suppose :-(

That's very sad that she would palm poor Misty off as soon as she got poorly. Unfortunately you can't let your head rule your heart on this one, just keep doing your normal days until she is returned.

Is it written into the contract that she is allowed sharers? I know alot about loaning contracts but am sure this is something the owner would have stipulated?

As a fellow financial industry worker with a high stress job - I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!

newrider.com