So...we moved .....

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
With the help of Cookster and Sandy, another lady on her Yard, we moved the Ponios down the Road to the new Field last Night.

TBH the Roads were quite busy and we were in a little convoy, size order. I have to say I wasn't sure what their behaviour would be like, although I suspected they would be OK, because I have never had all 3 out on the Road together before. Luckily my judgement was OK as they were absolutely fine, only Bert was in a bit of a Rush, lol, trying to keep up as Sioned and Cliff were both striding out:giggle:

Cookster said 'Can't wait to see them running around' we had our phones at the ready, but I said 'think it will just be heads down tbh Soph' and thats EXACTLY what happened, in, look round, heads down LETS EAT !

Sandy, judges at shows, don't know if you remember a post I did once about her when she came to view my Ponios and said 'Well, you won't get anywhere with Sioned until her mane grows and Bert is too fat' then climbed the gate and left :biggrin:

Whilst I was sorting the fencing at the New Field with Cookster I heard Sandy say 'OMG, OMG' looked up and Sioned was doing a wonderful impression of an Arab, across the field, stepping out in trot with tail high in the air........

'OMG' Sandy shouts at me 'Why on earth have you never shown that Mare you would NEVER be out the top three, she is FANTASTIC' :bounce::bounce:

NOW THERE IS A TURNAROUND:smoke: Did you get a picture Sandy' I shout,
'NO' she says, I was so shocked watching her I didn't think to get one':biggrin::bounce: so for the next hour I got 'earache' about how I should be showing her and how we MUST get her to a show........So Sioned has a new 'fan' :giggle:

Anyway Ponios are restricted on about a quarter of the field and will see how they go.......PICS FOR YOU...........I was there a good 3 hours and it was very interesting watching them get their bearings and then going to different parts of the field to eat different types of grasses.....I really need to get a life:biggrin:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Glad it all went smoothly! :angel:

I just LOVE the fact you have three matching horses, is just soooo cool! :wub: Ultimate matchy matchyness hehe! :tongue:

Im just wondering how long it will be until Mr Bert decided to try escaping :tongue: 2 lines of eleccy fencing never stood a chance with Perry...well actually 5 lines of eleccy fencing never stopped him either :smoke:

Sioned is a lovely girly, i want to see a video of her arab trot! :angel:

Thats what sold her too me tbh Vicki...........left me speechless.......unfortunately its not something we get to actually SEE very often :bounce:

Whoever shows her will have to run FAST to get her to show off like it !
which certainly lets me OUT lol.

Don't think, famous last words, lol, that Bert will try escaping as long as he has some GRASS ! He is quite sensible actually and doesn't just stuff, stuff, stuff, he 'snoozes' in between lol.

As for them matching.......lol........I always wanted a COLOURED.......but Bert and Heathcliffe never came just because they were Skewbald, certainly never expected to end up with THREE. It is funny seeing peoples reactions and I used to hear them when I was in the tack room trying to work out if it was Mother, Father and Foal, lol. BUT the downside is it brings extra worries about their security :(

Last edited:
Great to hear that all went well and they've settled!!!

So 2012 Sioned will be hitting the show ring, yes? :giggle:

Great to hear that all went well and they've settled!!!

So 2012 Sioned will be hitting the show ring, yes? :giggle:

Maybe, lol, IF I can find somebody who can run fast enough........now where did I put those Tena Lady Pads :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Joking aside, I would LOVE to get both her and Bert to a show, but I have no transport, although Sandy DOES, lol, but maybe we WILL do a local show where we can walk them up.

I have just wormed them all again and am hoping to see a HUGE improvement with Foaly Boy now on some decent Grass !

Last edited:
I was there a good 3 hours and it was very interesting watching them get their bearings and then going to different parts of the field to eat different types of grasses.....I really need to get a life:biggrin:

Lol, you and the whole of new rider forum need to get a life then. I think most of us on here would have done exactly the same thing!

Oh fab, successful moving is lovely. Hadn't realised that they are all so matchymatchy - no wonder Vicky100 is so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Showing ................ I def think you should. Friends cob just has the most AMAZING extended trot. Tobes and I could trot around all day and we would NEVER have that leg action. Go for it girl!

Checked them all today and all fine. Was looking at just how much grass is there and will have to monitor Bert quite closely.

It was hard deciding how much to restrict them last night and decided on about 1/4 of the field with the thought that if I restricted them much more than that they would just stand and munch, but by giving them slightly more room they would hopefully roam abit and munch :giggle: At first they wouldn't come over too me, think they were frightened I was gonna move them back to no grass lol, but gradually one by one they came over to say Hello and when I disappeared into the Field Shelter and they lost sight of me they all came running, lol they are so funny !

As soon as this bit has been eaten down a bit I think Bert will stay put and Sioned and the Foal move on strip grazing. If Sioned suddenly blows up too much she can stay with Bert but the foal definately needs the grass.

Checked them today, no heat in feet etc., so happy at the moment:wink:

The Man that lives next door obviously has a shotgun or similar as there was a HUGE BANG.......Horses shot about 3 feet in the air ! It went off several times and by about the 5th time they were totally ignoring it, so thats good, some new experiences at this field for them I suspect !

Last edited:
newrider.com