So you get this texted to you……

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
So got a text message then a call from my friend last night. This is what I opened C0E529DB-6B81-4FC4-ACA8-2968AF58EB99.jpeg44190875-95DF-45D4-B387-D3259AE0ADBA.jpeg

I nearly choked on my tea. Immediately jumped up despite being 30mins from the yard and went to get dressed until she shouting down the phone it’s ok he’s free and not a scratch on him.

He stood there waiting to be rescued. Allowed my friend and the farmer to basically lift him over. He’s a tit. He’s likely been playing and reared and came down. Thank goodness the fence wasn’t tightly pinned or it would have been another outcome. Farmer is sorting it.

Checked him all over with my head torch on this morning and genuinely not a mark on him.
Clever cookie to wait until being rescued. Went out happy as Larry today prancing And acting all Welsh dragon at the new pony in the field 😂

Please Don’t have a go about the fencing. It’s a working farm with sheep I have no control over the fencing hence why my summer field has electric rope running right round it to keep them away from the fencing. Can’t do that with the winter field unfortunately as it’s communal.

Last edited:
Blooming heck Faran! How to scare your mother half to death 😱 glad to hear he was ok though, but if a miracle there wasn’t a mark on him.

Reactions: MrC
I'm so glad he's ok, I hope you are too.

I worried about it all night to be fair, was the first thing I did was check him, even before making breakfasts for them both. They were unimpressed, he kept eating my hair and head torch and pulled my hat off twice to make his displeasure at no breakfast known 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: carthorse
Oh glad he's ok! I'm stuck with barbed wire too - like you, not my choice:(

Yeah we have barbed wire too, I've done my best to stop ours getting near it mostly, I can put up electric but Chloe managed to snag herself on it, despite my efforts. It's just too expensive to replace on the outer perimeter's with post and rail. We make the best of what we have don't we.

Fencing terrifies me. It is how I lost Soli after he ripped his foot off in “safe” fencing.

Yeah we have barbed wire too, I've done my best to stop ours getting near it mostly, I can put up electric but Chloe managed to snag herself on it, despite my efforts. It's just too expensive to replace on the outer perimeter's with post and rail. We make the best of what we have don't we.

Yeah you do. It’s only the second time he’s been caught on a fence. The first one was when he did his back legs, he got away with that one so now I think he’s more careful but he’s a complete twit when he’s playing. Those front legs go everywhere! 😅😅

Reactions: Trewsers
Glad he's ok x
Fencing terrifies me. It is how I lost Soli after he ripped his foot off in “safe” fencing.
Thanks 😊

Yeah I nearly lost Kia years ago when someone threw broken sheep netting into my field after their horse got stuck on it on their land 🙄 the woman admitted it was hers and paid my excess but had I lost Kia I’d have been after her for the full lot.

It is actually safe fencing. He must have reared over the fence and got front leg over, pulled back and the wire cheese wired into him. We tried for 18 days in horspital with various ops but we couldn’t fix him. People at yard think I am being over reactive when I worry about fencing and legs through it.

• Sad
Reactions: carthorse and MrC
newrider.com