Soft claws

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I have to share this, not horsey but still, soft claws for cats they are a god send for me, my dog and my carpets and furniture. Cali cat has falsies [emoji3] you just glue the little silicon caps on and your indoor kitty cant claw things to shred them. She hasnt even noticed them and im hoping a few weeks with these will break her clawing frenzie of the last few months.
c1e9c5297a1e635e2ba4fd5ef2a9ef28.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
Ok, where can I get these!?! My cat is a nightmare for clawing the couch. I want to get a new one but I can't bring myself to do it until I manage to get her to stop or come up with some other solution. She has a scratching post and a scratching mat and she uses both... she just prefers to claw the couch!

I got them on amazon 20 tips for under a tenner, I went for a bright colour so I could tell if they came off but you can get all colour inc glitter or clear ones.
It does say to only use them on indoor cats as they cant climb as well to escape dogs or other cats outside.

Zelda is a house cat. That is fab, think I'll give them a go. I could get pink to match the bow on her collar... :p
10553561_10152689167319095_4082755059997834627_n.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
I have to share this, not horsey but still, soft claws for cats they are a god send for me, my dog and my carpets and furniture. Cali cat has falsies [emoji3] you just glue the little silicon caps on and your indoor kitty cant claw things to shred them. She hasnt even noticed them and im hoping a few weeks with these will break her clawing frenzie of the last few months.
c1e9c5297a1e635e2ba4fd5ef2a9ef28.jpg

Love it!!!

Well I ordered a pack so I will try them out and see how we get on with them. Zelda lets me fiddle about with her paws and claws easily but won't let me clip them so hopefully I'll be able to put these on!

hmmm that could prove interesting then. I did manage to file the claws of one paw so maybe that might suffice!

How can they retract the claw with those on?
They seem to be able to go most of the way back, the tips only cover the end so you can just see them, I think the trick is getting the right size and you can trim them smaller if need be too. They are just thin silicon.

I think they are a ghastly idea, what happens when the sheath sheds and the cat rips them off and swallows them?

Reactions: Gimp
They are non toxic and small enough to pass without issue, I do think they are ugly, I went for colour so I can see if they come off but clear are available. I got them to stop her further destroying the carpet in my rented house until she is spayed and can go outside.

Reactions: Rubic
I've read the website and decided to give them a try because the information seems legit. They are non-toxic and pass through the cat's system in the event they are swallowed. Quite honestly I am at my wits end with her scratching the couch to bits and have tried a great number of things to stop her but none have worked. I'm quite willing to give them a try. If they don't work or she seems uncomfortable then fair enough, they come off and I won't use them again.

if you decide to have a house cat then you have to accept its going to scrat here there and everywhere, personally for me I would be very worried I hadnt fitted them properly.

And the odd bit of scratching is fine but the corner of my couch has been completely ripped open. I accept that she will scratch things, she is a cat, personally I'd prefer she scratched the stuff I bought her to scratch on rather than destroying my couch. I'd be more worried about her eating the material and foam off the couch than I am about her eating these claw covers. She has plenty of toys of all sorts and she gets playtime every day (sometimes she just isn't in the mood) she is not a poor house-cat with no stimulation, she is very well cared for, just mental sometimes. She could do with one of those big cat trees to play on I think and I'm saving up to get one before I get the couch. I'm willing to give them a go, I feel I've made an informed decision.

They are soft silicon tips with a dab of glue in, whats to fit wrong? I was reccomended them by our vet nurse so am happy they are safe enough.

rubic I never said she was a poor uncared for house cat ! where did that outburst come from. I didnt realize I had to like the product

But the claw sheath is designed to slough off all the time, this is going to stop that natural process.

My cat used to rip the sofa up so we got him scratching posts he's happy now and never touches the sofa, occasionally in a mad half hour he'll kill the carpet,

I'd rather nip the tips of the claws off regularly, then the cat cannot rip things

newrider.com