Something else to add to "what-an-ex-racehorse-can-do" list

S

S_F_S

DSCN2080.jpg

DSCN2085.jpg

First attempt for both of us - managed to canter on both reins and pop a tiny cross pole within the half hour too!

Everyone should try it once - fantastic feeling, actually think I preferred it to astride - for the first time in my life I felt ladylike! Definately going to keep it up - maybe extra brownie points in the ex racer classes! :D

Oh well done you, I agree it always looks so elegant, and the fantastic clothes you get to wear, and the hat Oh, I wanna do it:D

love the second picture. your horse looks fab and you both look to be enjoying it. Well done! :)

Ooh, well done! I remember you telling us you were going to go try it. I think you said it was either going to kill you or you would gain some new insights.. Judging by your smile, it was a case of the latter! ;)

I have always wanted to try sidesaddle, though I think I'd be crap at it! :p

Nina x

Its not fair...goes off to sulk...I had four lessons on a horse that knew what it was doing to get that far!!

Seriously impressed as I thought SFS had lost the plot when she said she was going sidesaddle on this horse, not the easiest of rides at any time and never carried a sidesaddle before

Just a bit :eek: at the potential cost although one of the instructors has offered to lend her a saddle for the first season. Smiling (smirking) to self however at judges in exracehorse classes seeing her ridden sidesaddle they were :eek: at the fact she hunted safely astride :D

newrider.com