Something SERIOUS to bear in mind

Even things like usernames can identify you (to those that know enough anyway). Like mine's is the name of my horse, which probably wasn't the best idea in world but you don't think about that at the time!

have now upped the security on all sites im part of. googled my name and usenames and luckily nowt came up. i know its deffo still possible for me to become a victim (well its possible for virtually anyone i suppose), but am starting to sort it out :)

thanks wally for bringing this topic up!!

tis funny, alot of people now seem to be changing their profile info :p
eta: most of my details that ARE available are on here now :eek: :rolleyes::eek:

I was rather worried last night when a thread was going on on here between an 'older' (not as old a me mind :D) male and several young teenage females. Fortunately the thread seems to have been deleted now

I was rather worried last night when a thread was going on on here between an 'older' (not as old a me mind :D) male and several young teenage females. Fortunately the thread seems to have been deleted now

yep was just going to bring that up. didnt seem right for young teens to be talking that way to older men they didnt even know

if anyone sees anything that i shouldn't put on my profiles etc etc please tell me...ANYTHING at all :p

I'm glad you thought the same, I was going to comment on the thread last night but I thought that everyone would think I was an old fuddy duddy :rolleyes:

Opps...

nothing i said on that thread was ment that way...

im going to sound really parental now :p

yep, just always bare in mind that things can virtually ALWAYS be taken a different way to the one you mean. being friendly and talkative can be said to be flirty.
right from the first page the tone of that thread was abit squiffy :eek:;)

that's the problem with the internet you can never tell how someone means something.
some of this stuff may sound a little OTT, but would rather be safe than sorry :)

I'm glad you thought the same, I was going to comment on the thread last night but I thought that everyone would think I was an old fuddy duddy :rolleyes:

I commented as the whole thing made me cringe. I don't mind being a fuddy duddy :D

Back on topic with this thread, it is really important we all think about who we're talking to and what we're saying

newrider.com