Something SERIOUS to bear in mind

Omg, i just googled my faceparty account name and it came up with 2 results, then googled NR name and it came up with 4! and myspace came up with 1!
How scary is that?!
Thanks for the thread x

If anyones bored could they have a quick look for info on me and if they find anything important/too revealing please PM me.

Willing to do the same for someone else. Thanks. :)

my NR brings up 5 results! and im now starting to change things but it still comes up on google!

I never show photos of me or mine on public sites and very rarely on private ones. PM are signed with my user name and very few folks here know my true name. There is one person who used to post here who is dreadful about using given names on site. I have told her off quite regularly

it will eventually go i think, do the links still work?

Most of them. :eek: fortunately I dont think I've been obvious but I'm pretty sure if someone was determined they could piece everything together...

Some have gone as it offers only :rolleyes: about 230 links and I have had far more posts but 230 is far too many for my liking!

it is scary stuff. I always think Im being pretty careful and have different user names for different sites, don't give away my address etc. but still when i google my username it comes up with loads of stuff, luckily (and hopefully) nothing that would put me at risk (even though I'm the wrong side of 25 too)

i used to have a myspace account but it lasted all of 5 mins and i've deleted it now and i don't go on bebo and facebook and i only add people to MSN if i know who they are and kow what email address to look out for

I see that there's a Panarama programme on Monday about who is talking to your child on the internet

Things like that kind of annoy me. Cos not all kids are talking to people like that on the net, then parents go all paranoid(well mine do) when it doesnt affect me.

Not saying it never will affect me, just saying it doesnt atm.

I see that there's a Panarama programme on Monday about who is talking to your child on the internet

fingers crossed some teens watch it as well as parents. i try and explain to my flatmate that broadcasting hometown(s) isn't good but it doesn't work :rolleyes:

but look at secret santa!! (im not saying you a pedo deefa) but people got other peoples addies!!! :eek:

Hmm i googled my name and nothing came up

Just lucky I guess

Its all very scary though

Whoe really knows who we are talking to...=/

We have had a horrible experience with reguards to my 8 yrs old son playing an online equestrian game. He was private messaged a very inappropriate, graphic message from a 36yr old female (who couldn't have known any of his personal details, as i barred information sharing). Thank god he called me, he only managed the first line. Needless to say I reported her (or was she????she could have been anyone!) and they were banned from the game. But for how long? My son doesn't play anymore!! Guys look after yourselves!!

from someone who learned a valuable lesson(hopefully without repercussions!)

newrider.com