Sore back - grumbling peed off thread

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
My back has reached new heights of misery today when I thought it was on the mend. It's blowing a gale, Mr T is bogged down with work and is throwing toys out the pram, the horses are all cold and hungry, sh*tting for Scotland and I'm just generally feeling ragged off with winter. There. I feel better already.
Feel free to add your grumble!!! Lol And it's dark and horrid and I still have water to lug, hay to give, poop to skip out and rugs to change by torch light. And I'm feeling unwanted. Boo:(:rolleyes::oops::po_O
Going to have a can of Fosters shortly and shepherds pie:D

Sending heeling vibes.
Bad backs are the worse. Fortunately I've been taking it easy and mine has settled down since Christmas. But it was so bad the nerve at the base of my spine was pinching again. Only had to flinch and it pinched. It doesn't take much, a few too many bales of hay, or lifting bags of feed sparks it off again. Oh and falling over in the slippy/muddy field.
I alternate between cold packs and hot packs. I've got one that you can microwave or put in the freezer. So I freeze it when I go to work, when I come home I can apply it. Once it's warmed up to not be cold effective I shove in the microwave. I've never worked out whether it's better to apply hot or cold to soothe mine. Both seems to work though.

Aw Trews that's crap, have you considered solar lights? just thinking that not having to do everything by torchlight might make it feel a little less oppressive. I got my flood light for my barn off ebay, it was about 20 quid and is absolutely super and literally took 5 minutes to install, just 2 screws to hold the light up and 2 more to hold the solar panel in place, and the wire only has a little plug that goes into the light so its pretty easy to poke it through a little gap so the panel is outside and the light inside :) This is it working, its been a life saver :)22555204_10155744261277246_7705587045638544520_n.jpg

Trewsers so sorry you are feeling out of sorts, bad backs are horrid and constant pain is very depressing, not too mention all the gloom and Mr T being grumpy, no wonder your feeling a bit fed up. Chin up flower we all love you and winter won’t last forever, sending lots of cheery and healing vibes your way and don’t be too hard on yourself, try and rest up a bit, as @chunky monkey said above ice or heat can help just remember with ice, no more than 20 mins at a time. Hope both you and Mr T are soon feeling back to normal x

Can you see anyone about your back? I can sympathise, I get sciatica and it's horrible. Hope Mr T is in a better mood today. Can you try and get yard jobs done before it's too dark?

Reactions: Trewsers
Can you see anyone about your back? I can sympathise, I get sciatica and it's horrible. Hope Mr T is in a better mood today. Can you try and get yard jobs done before it's too dark?

I think if it carries on despite resting I'll have to see the gp and see what they suggest. Though I have to be dragged to the doctors:oops:

Aw Trews that's crap, have you considered solar lights? just thinking that not having to do everything by torchlight might make it feel a little less oppressive. I got my flood light for my barn off ebay, it was about 20 quid and is absolutely super and literally took 5 minutes to install, just 2 screws to hold the light up and 2 more to hold the solar panel in place, and the wire only has a little plug that goes into the light so its pretty easy to poke it through a little gap so the panel is outside and the light inside :) This is it working, its been a life saver :)View attachment 91317

That looks good. I could really do with something like that. We were going to have the barn re wired (at the moment the electric is decommisioned as not safe). But the fencing took most of our savings back end of last year, so am thinking something a bit cheaper would be realistic.

Reactions: Jessey
Aw no! Not our Trewsers. You never grumble, so you must have been peeved off. Hope your back is feeling better this morning and that Mr Trewsers is in a better mood. Grumpy men are like bears with sore heads!

Aw thanks. Yeah men are like bears with sore heads! Honestly, they always get problems waaaay worse than us girls don't they?! (I find geldings the same:p)

Trewsers so sorry you are feeling out of sorts, bad backs are horrid and constant pain is very depressing, not too mention all the gloom and Mr T being grumpy, no wonder your feeling a bit fed up. Chin up flower we all love you and winter won’t last forever, sending lots of cheery and healing vibes your way and don’t be too hard on yourself, try and rest up a bit, as @chunky monkey said above ice or heat can help just remember with ice, no more than 20 mins at a time. Hope both you and Mr T are soon feeling back to normal x

You are so nice to me:)
I love NR:D

I think it must be time of year. I am heartily fed up with slipping and sliding in the mud. The ponies are also fed up. I don’t think I have even seen their feet for weeks now. I normally like winter, but not this year.

Well I can't decide if last winter up here was a fluke, because although we got gales it wasn't that cold and I seem to remember most winter days just needing waterproofs - not layer upon layer as welll. And the mud!!!! I keep looking at our winter paddocks and wondering if they will ever recovero_O

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Sending heeling vibes.
Bad backs are the worse. Fortunately I've been taking it easy and mine has settled down since Christmas. But it was so bad the nerve at the base of my spine was pinching again. Only had to flinch and it pinched. It doesn't take much, a few too many bales of hay, or lifting bags of feed sparks it off again. Oh and falling over in the slippy/muddy field.
I alternate between cold packs and hot packs. I've got one that you can microwave or put in the freezer. So I freeze it when I go to work, when I come home I can apply it. Once it's warmed up to not be cold effective I shove in the microwave. I've never worked out whether it's better to apply hot or cold to soothe mine. Both seems to work though.

Thanks for the tip, I'm hoping to get some heat packs today. Hope yours is mending too.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Well I can't decide if last winter up here was a fluke, because although we got gales it wasn't that cold and I seem to remember most winter days just needing waterproofs - not layer upon layer as welll. And the mud!!!! I keep looking at our winter paddocks and wondering if they will ever recovero_O
I think most people are feeling like that this year, it does seem to have been the wildest here in a long while

newrider.com