Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Sorry Ive not been around......

Discussion in 'Ringside Chat' started by tikkitti, Mar 12, 2018.

1. GaryB

GaryB Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed you will soon (as possible) be back to normal....

tikkitti likes this.
  2. Lemme

Lemme Well-Known Member

so sorry to hear this, keep strong and accept any help or support offered during this time, a close member of my family is now in her third clear year after treatment it has not been easy but and much like you the diagnosis came out of blue and quite unexpected after being told In a letter it wasn't cancer , not accepted by Doctor and after a visit and exam by consultant told there and then it was, we thank God doctor was on the ball if had to wait till the next 12 month check recommended in the letter the outcome could have been different, times of high and low, Chemo, radiotheropy and another type I can't remember over a 6 month period to where we are now- into year 3 of full remission and as you say is living life to the full , it was stage 2 and frightened the living daylights out of them and us, mainly by looking on the Web initially but with encouragement got in touch with Jo's Trust and with support and Mcmillan got through those times, check ups are scarey time and we all breath a sigh of relief afterwards , my thoughts are with you all xx

tikkitti likes this.
  3. Kite_Rider

Kite_Rider Cantering cabbage!

So sorry to hear this - I can't begin to imagine how you've been feeling and still are feeling, sending you lots of love and healing vibes that your treatment goes smoothly and you heal quickly x

tikkitti likes this.
  4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Lissie

Lissie Well-Known Member

So sorry to read this. But also thank you for sharing, you may just help another person go to the docs. Stay strong

tikkitti likes this.
  6. Bodshi

Bodshi Well-Known Member

7. Native Lover

Native Lover Native Pony Fan

Sorry to read this..... healing vibes from me.... hope you are back riding and show jumping soon.

tikkitti likes this.
  8. sophie33

sophie33 Well-Known Member

So sorry to read this. Sounds like you are coping with the whole nightmare fantastically well. Lots of healing vibes and looking forward to reading about your show jumping exploits before too long x

tikkitti likes this.
  9. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Well-Known Member

Sorry to read about your illness. You have the whole of NR behind you and you will get through this. Looking forward to hearing about your showjumping adventures already.

tikkitti likes this.
  10. tikkitti

tikkitti Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for your kind words, it means a lot! Its everyones support, my kids and determination to start jumping again thats getting me through this. Ive even laid in my sick bed horse hunting but i have to be realistic and it will mean i will have to part with my boy, which is going to be so hard and even the thought brings me to tears, but i know he would love love love to be in a hunting home and showjumping just isnt really his forte. My most fun was on my 148cms and I just want to to hopefully get past this get myself something about 15hh and have fun!! Ive had mixed reactions, some i know want to keep me wrapped in cotton wool and the others totally understand. Thing is I tried to wrap myself up in cotton wool and look where it got me! x

Prjsmk and Jessey like this.
  11. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Well-Known Member

Non horsey people will never understand the passion for horses and desire to ride. Obviously take measures to make yourself as safe as possible with a sensible horse and safety equipment, but then go and follow your dreams.

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties