Spring 2012 Spring 2013

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
We have been fencing the last couple of days. Yesterday was bitterly cold, poor husband got two post in then did his back in. He said it was due to the cold and he is recovering from flu. He is much better today thank goodness.

My son took over and hasn't done a bad job considering its his first soul attempt.

It got me thinking. The last time we fenced was early April last year and we had had a drought. The ground was rock hard and I had to water the holes before we put the post in. This year the ground was waterlogged underneath. I looked up some old pics and can't believe the difference.

End March 2012

IMG_0297-2_zps214c6a4f.jpg

IMG_0209-1_zps40ed6766.jpg

IMG_0222_zpsab2e9d86.jpg

End March 2013

IMG_0985_zps244a9d87.jpg

IMG_0984_zpsc859ad9f.jpg

What a big difference in the weather:frown:

Great pics Tina, yes, the weather is one extreme to the other. This time last year here I am pretty sure it was freakishly warm! Today we still have 6 ft snow drifts.............

If I look back which I don't tend to, this was Spring 2012
http://db.tt/eMbV3Ua3

To be honest the weather really couldn't knock me anymore that did. She wasn't expected to be here this winter, so the fact she is out and naked and its done it hardest to be wet and generally :poop: on us, I haven't registered it.
The stable roof blew off, so I guess its been windy. I lost wellies so its been wet. I slipped so its been icy.

Are you back at your old place now Tina, you mentioned about not being happy with your grazing?

Sat 24th March 2012.... arrival of Sweetpea.... boiling hot, sun shining in eyes, dry ground - hence sitting...

ArrivalDay054_zpsaef425f3.jpg

Sat 23rd March 2013... picture says it all....

2013-03-23100348_zps2a6e8b66.jpg

(Asbo foalie in the foreground :giggle:)

Yes things are definetly a great deal better for you New Forest, thank goodness. That was a really horrible time for you and Tilly I remember.

I am only moving fields not location this time. I have decided to go back in the bigger field I picked originally. It means more fencing and I have to buy a field shelter but I feel I would rather err on the safe side of having too much grass rather than the worry of possibly not having enough. This weather is weird. I am so lucky really to have the choice. I am a terrible worrier where the horses are concerned, I tend to spoil them rotten.

We moved to lush summer paddocks on 14th April last year...this year they have barely started growing! Will be well into May I expect. Summer paddocks in our yard means you can start 24/7 turn out so we are all looking forward to lie ins!

newrider.com