Spring getting just that little bit closer?

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
Well this morning, everything is back to being green and whilst we have ten tonnes of surface water the sun is shining and there is a little bit of heat creeping back into it. For the first time in what seems like forever I sorted out the girls without wrapping up to the eyeballs!

I think I can feel a ride coming on this afternoon!

Wish I wasn't working today, I want to ride in the sunshine too! Enjoy :)

Very mild and very sunny here which means lots of new grass growth. Soggy and warm is the conditions I most struggle with so I'm hating this.

Wish I lived near you guys - tis horrid here. Blowing a gale, freezing cold, loads of snow still...........though I did get a shock when I looked out of the window, for the first time in two weeks I could see GREEN grass! Lol. Not a chance of riding though, our school is still ankle deep in snow and ice. Brrrrrrr...................

Its blowing a gale here, a mix of rain, hail and sleet. We had very heavy rain over night, combined with snow melt I woke up this morning to floods.

To top it off, I lost both boots in the mud this morning whilst doing the horses. I'm glad I was alone as my language was pretty bad!a:)

:poop: picking was abandoned today as I had enough! Back up in a few hours to give them there tea.

Come on spring, hurry up..............please.

It's all green down here Trewsers, but not so sure about the yard as it had drifted up there into deep piles (especially around the gate), the walk to the yard yesterday was atrocious, with a few inches of snow lying under snow melt and melt underneath, it was pot luck whether I'd end up with a boot full of water.. surpizingly I got home with dry socks :smoke:

It's so mild here today, sunny but yes a bit windy.. at least I should be able to get back in the sand school tomorrow yeah and Victory can be turned out again :dance: :wavespin:

Up Helly Aa next week so the nights will be getting noticably shorter and the days longer. My Daffs are in bud.

Just been to top the girls nets up - they both look rather despondent.............I think they will be glad to come in at 5pm tonight. Somebody should tell Chloe she is a hardy cob......

I left work before it was dark yesterday and the birds were singing their little hearts out! Put a skip in my step :biggrin:

I left work before it was dark yesterday and the birds were singing their little hearts out! Put a skip in my step :biggrin:

Aw, must admit, tis nice to see the evenings staying a bit lighter. Earlier today it wasn't too bad, its just gone pear shaped wind wise since luncheon.......:frown:

Not that stunning a photo but snowdrops are out, was gorgeous this afternoon, bit too windy but it's drying up the mud a treat, whoopee spring is sprunging

8AF9D3E2-E963-4DAC-9FF4-77356A1A60A1-4671-00000627860FBD29.jpg

blowing a gale here but lovely and sunny and drying up :)

we hired the local indoor school, but i have a trapped nerve or something so couldnt use my right leg very well so had to get my friend to ride Moet, was fun though watching, made her do some teeny tiny jumps at the end lol

Very spring like here today, sun was shining and the black birds have started chirping:smile:

Still the land is very wet and it has been windy. Grass is growing and I have moved the horses back into the summer paddock with one in at night (with hay) to combat the fatness.

Well a month or so ago I was having to be away from the yard by 4.15 as it was getting too dark to see. Today I didn't even arrive for the afternoon shift until 4.10. Managed to do ALL the poo-picking (Jeesh, they ought to be as fat as pigs, I got FORTY SEVEN poos today from a 24-hour period!) feed, hay AND collect a load of fallen branches and break them up into kindling for the fire at home. Left there around 5.15 and it was still fairly light.

Well a month or so ago I was having to be away from the yard by 4.15 as it was getting too dark to see. Today I didn't even arrive for the afternoon shift until 4.10. Managed to do ALL the poo-picking (Jeesh, they ought to be as fat as pigs, I got FORTY SEVEN poos today from a 24-hour period!) feed, hay AND collect a load of fallen branches and break them up into kindling for the fire at home. Left there around 5.15 and it was still fairly light.

Glad to see I'm not the only one counting poos :wink: how many horses for 47 poos? I only got 19 the other day for 3 ponies, have increased their feed slightly cos I thought that to be rather low

[QyUOTE=domane;2838782]Well a month or so ago I was having to be away from the yard by 4.15 as it was getting too dark to see. Today I didn't even arrive for the afternoon shift until 4.10. Managed to do ALL the poo-picking (Jeesh, they ought to be as fat as pigs, I got FORTY SEVEN poos today from a 24-hour period!) feed, hay AND collect a load of fallen branches and break them up into kindling for the fire at home. Left there around 5.15 and it was still fairly light.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see I'm not the only one counting poos :wink: how many horses for 47 poos? I only got 19 the other day for 3 ponies, have increased their feed slightly cos I thought that to be rather low

newrider.com