Spring!!!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
OK... well perhaps not. But today was sunny and mild so the boys had some naked time in the field..... except for Boo who has been naked through winter!

Apart from his usual terrible topline and tiny bum, Jack has held his weight well this winter... he's not a good doer generally so it was interesting to know whether overnight stable confinement would make him better or worse. (Previous TB fared far worse when wintering IN overnight!)

THIS clever creature long-lined in blinkers without putting a foot wrong again. We did a three-mile loop so I'm hoping that burned off a few of MY calories!!!

And the little photobomber just wanted to "smile" for the camera today.....

(No, I have no idea what he could smell!)

Jack is looking really well :) ... It was sunny here too yesterday, just a hint in the air that spring is moving in ;) ... Albi is so clever too, and 3 miles is great for burning off calories, there is a local woods near us that have different distances marked out, and I always feel like i`ve worked when I do the three miler.

Ha ha ha ha ... love the first picture of Boo, he`s so cute :D

Its lovely and spring here too - just popped round to the girls and they were both soaking up the rays. I love the smell of warm pony:D

As the forecast is for 7 degrees tonight, I brought them in earlier, gave them a slap up tea, some hay and they are OUT FOR THE NIGHT!!! :eek: :p

None of them are skinny and they have fifteen acres for 8 horses. The weather has been sunny and mild all week so I'm sure the grass will have grown a bit. It's not a bad field, except for the area around the gate, which has dried out nicely. I'm sure they will be fine and it will be lovely to have a lie-in tomorrow for a change.

newrider.com