Stable chaps/leg wrap type things

Roofio

Jul 23, 2006
West Midlands
Any recommendations/experiences?

Dylan's legs fill when he is stabled at night and he is often quite stiff first thing, as is JR come to think of it. I wondered if something like this might ease them both a little. They sometimes wear magnetic hoof boots but there is not always any noticeable improvement.

Ta :)

Tess went rapidly uphill last winter when I started using thermatex leg wraps, I got hundreds of recommendations for them when I posted asking for suggestions for helping stiff horses :)

would these help stiffness in the knee? Jen's been suffering a bit with her knee this year, Pernamax has got her sound again but she lives out 24/7 at the mo. She'll be stabled overnight when we move to help with her weightloss but i worry it'll make her stiff again :confused:

would these help stiffness in the knee? Jen's been suffering a bit with her knee this year, Pernamax has got her sound again but she lives out 24/7 at the mo. She'll be stabled overnight when we move to help with her weightloss but i worry it'll make her stiff again :confused:

Not really, as the Thermatex ones are designed for below the knee. I know that they helped my lad last year when the weather was very cold - he has arthritis in his pasterns. Definitely recommend them.

Equi Chaps - brilliant - we put them on overnight after a couple of hours of the mag wraps, he suffered badly with arthritis and they did make him more comfortable, as did the rubber matting.

newrider.com