Stable manufacturers? - need help finding some

JaniceH

Aug 10, 2003
Cheshire, England
Visit site
Well, knowing that we are moving to the Cottage in three weeks :eek: , I have started to look at the Stabling that we are going to put on the hardstanding in the third garden. It will eventually have two paddocks as well, one each side. Does anyone know of any companies that make Sectional Stables, ie not the ones that do a detailed survey and produce Stables for the very Posh. Just standard size, deliver and put up 16 X 8 ft two door stable block? For a reasonable price. Its not possible to doctor a normal garden shed because of the floor already being part of the construction, ie take away the floor and you have problems with the walls. Places like Derby House are just way over budget!

Ones with an internet site would be great.

www.redmire.co.uk
www.chartstables.co.uk
www.ashcraft.co.uk
www.j-w-s.co.uk

I've used redmire before where we lived previously and they were very good. Just in the process of doing new ones at our new property and redmire are still turning out to be favourites for me - chart seem pretty good but as there is little difference in price between them and redmire i would use redmire again as i've tried and tested them!

You could try National Stables (not sure of the website address but they do have one). They will deliver to the south east otherwise you have to collect and erect them yourselves, but their prices are good and service is excellent :)

Thanks everyone. I will look into all of those, I think it would be easier if I was planning a whole livery block rather than just two stables! :D There are more companies around that do oh so posh rather than ordinary.

As for planning permission, I have looked into that already and we come under this :

"However, should you wish to put stables in your garden, or replace existing stables you may fall within a planning exception. The general rules are that the building must not exceed 50% of your garden; they must be 5m away from the house and at least 1.5m from the boundary of your garden. The stables must be for private and not commercial use."

there a person that is advertising on adtrader that doesn't seem to be too bad relatively cheap and was one of the better options when I was looking, I think I chose wrong :) now is this for goats or ponies?!

Janice - that rule is fine but just double check whether you will need to apply for "change of use" of land - where we lived previously we had a field adjoining our land - neighbours were really awkward about my planning application (3 stables and a tackroom) - council were great though and planning eventually passed - anyway, i digress, at one point i got so peed off i said that i would put the stables up in my "garden" (3/4 acre) as i wouldn't need planning permission - planning officer said that was fine but that i wouldn't be allowed to use them to put the horses in as i'd need to apply for change of use of the land :eek: Just hope you've got nice new neighbours :)

:D Well they are sort of minis....

goatbabies.jpg

:D

See my other post as for why :D

newrider.com