Stable stains

stormandsummer

Dec 23, 2005
uk
plusrider.proboards57.com
what does everyone use for persitant stable stains, i keep bathing him but we have some persitant stains that don't seem to want to go :rolleyes: is there something i can buy/use to help with this problem.

Also is it okay to use baby shampoo when washing horses legs ??

Use a type of pumnice stone block that you can buy from saddlers about £3 or so. We have a grey pony who just loves to roll in the mud, even after brushing still stained, but this removes it very well, as well as pooh stains from when she has been lying down. Obvously get as much out as you can by brushing and then use this. Sorry cannot remember the name, but I will look at ours tonight when I go up our yard, if no one else replies beforehand.

:rolleyes: He is a total mud monster right now :eek: Somewhere under the mud and you should have seen him yesterday as he was turned out for me, he is a coloured ( black and white ( bottom half being the white part, although you would not have thought so yesterday :eek: )

So now i have a cob covered in mud but at least you can't see the stable stains :rolleyes:

Oh boy roll on summer :D

newrider.com