Starting lessons again

Bengi1991

Mar 22, 2006
Sorry not really posted on here for a while and for those who remember my post about riding lessons and canter here is an update

I started my riding lessons again on Saturday at a different riding school and suprisingly have not forgotten anything and was not nervous as much as I thought I would be .I have not had a lesson for nearly 2 months due to having treatment on a medical condition and having a nasty fall the last time I had a lesson.

I really enjoyed the lesson. I was asked if wanted to try canter but refused and said I wanted to wait for a couple of lessons to get the hang of things again but to be honest may go for it this week when I have my next lesson on Saturday

The new riding school is brilliant ( thanks shada05 who recommended it!!) and they are so much more friendly and take notice of you while you are having a lesson .

Also whilst I have not been having lessons I have been watching others riding and when they do canter it does not appear to be as bad as I think it is. ( then again they may be making it look easier)

I have also been on 2 hacks and the last one being on Monday with Miram off here and really enjoyed myself. I was slightly nervous but the weird thing is I feel safer on a road than I do in the arena on a horse .I dont know why.

Anyway sorry if this is a boring post just thought I would update you all on the lessons.

It is nice to be excited again about having lessons

Hi

That's good that you're back riding again and enjoying your lessons. A good school/teacher makes the world of difference.

I'm often surprised how SLOW the canter looks when I'm watching as opposed to how it can feel when you're on top :) It really is very comfortable once you get used to the feel. It's my favourite (and Saffy's thankfully) pace :)

Good luck and there's absolutely nothing wrong with waiting until you're ready to canter :D

Its not a boring post at all. Its really good that you have found somewhere you feel comfortable having lessons and whats even better is your back riding and enjoying it :)

Good luck with your next one and continue to keep us updated :)

Glad to hear that you had a good lesson.

You did really well on Monday. More of hacks like that and you will gain confidence in no time. Not saying it will be an overall cure but you will get less nervous. If you want to do it again just shout. We can go at your pace with either Rhi or Bruno. Or if you feel confident with Peter then I'll take Rhi

Thanks all for your replies

Had a funny day today.

Had the vet out to give Bruno his vaccinations and mircochip him and give him the once over as he seems not to like having his girth tightened sometimes.

Vet has advised he may have a bad back or well the start of it so he now has to have 1 weeks box rest and we need a new saddle as it may be the saddle.

I also had the chiropractor ( not sure how you spell it) check him out and he said he has a twisted pelvis but once he did his stuff it was weird Bruno was totally different and seemed very relaxed.

I am getting the saddle fitter out to get a new saddle and Hubby is going to buy me a new one for my birthday yipee

newrider.com