Stay safe everyone

It's gusty up to 60 out there.

Thinking of @Ale thread, the herd is sheltering and only concerned that the hay went out- not who put it out, not where it came from, not that it's cost money.
Feed us. :)

It's starting to ramp up here now but when I was on the breakfast run a few hours ago we already had branches on all the roads and a couple of trees down, but the neds were fine and I think the boys were happy having some of their native weather to do their hair ;)
DSC_3815.JPGDSC_3816.JPG
I am a bit worried about my big leylandii, there's dozens of them and they were really bending and creaking in the wind today, only lost a few branches so far tho.
I hope everyone stays safe x

Its not too bad here. It wasnt raining so i thought id get out for a quick ride. Got across the field put headcllars on. The sheep saw me so ran up the field so i nipped over to feed them and refilled there hayrack. I could see rain the other side of the valley. Was just hoping it didnt come my way. Got the horses in and unrugged and its started. They are currently stood undercover munching hay although the rain is blowing in a bit. So ive just popped back in for a cuppa. I have two different rain radars on my phone one showing it missing us and one heading down straight for us. The winds are suppossed to get worse so i was hoping to get out now for a quick ride but im not going to get soaked.

It's starting to ramp up here now but when I was on the breakfast run a few hours ago we already had branches on all the roads and a couple of trees down, but the neds were fine and I think the boys were happy having some of their native weather to do their hair ;)
View attachment 101404View attachment 101405
I am a bit worried about my big leylandii, there's dozens of them and they were really bending and creaking in the wind today, only lost a few branches so far tho.
I hope everyone stays safe x
You've just given me my dose of 'cute for today :D

The wind is on and off here - drops for a bit and then bang! It's back and pretty wild. The only dodgy moment at the field happened while I put Hogans headcollar on. We have a small section of electric fencing across the gate (they were rubbing on the posts and pushing them over). I turned off power, moved the two posts and tape to one side, had Hogans headcollar over his nose, and next minute I'm holding an empty headcollar. The wind had gusted and blown the tape towards us, and that was him off - halfway down the field. I'm guessing he's had a good zap at some point, wasn't keen on another one!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Awful here trees down everywhere it’s a very Woody area.

Albi stayed out last night but will come in tonight as the wind eases off. The barn is really noisy and rattling which I think spooks then more.

Will go up at four bed down and bring in plus feed the herd at the far back of the yard.

It’s pretty grim here too, very gusty up to 80 mile an hour apparently. Lots of tree branches everywhere and the odd tree, the retail park near us lost the roof off the new huge building they are doing, police stopping traffic going into the car park as loads of roof cladding (big sheets of metal) flying around, thankfully no one was hurt.
As for Belle, well her and her bestie (a Highland mare) were like ‘wind? What wind?’ I’m sure by the time she’s had several hours of it she’ll be happy to come in tonight though.
Stay safe everyone x

Very bad here overnight and intermittently today. In 20 years this is the worse flooding on our land I have ever seen. What land is above water is churned up and muddy. Quite worrying really - we keep moving them about but what happens when there is nowhere left to move them too?

Already had an abscess in one donkey and one for Miller due to all the waterlogged and muddy ground. Just sorted nicely and fully sound again and then all this repeat performance to contend with. This winter is a heck of a struggle I have to say.:(

Very bad here overnight and intermittently today. In 20 years this is the worse flooding on our land I have ever seen. What land is above water is churned up and muddy. Quite worrying really - we keep moving them about but what happens when there is nowhere left to move them too?

Already had an abscess in one donkey and one for Miller due to all the waterlogged and muddy ground. Just sorted nicely and fully sound again and then all this repeat performance to contend with. This winter is a heck of a struggle I have to say.:(

Sorry to hear your land has suffered. I thank my lucky stars often because I drive past some flooded fields and as we don't have much land I think we are lucky that it doesn't (touch wood frantically) flood much at all. We are soggy but that's about it. I hope you get a good "drying" wind for yours.

It’s pretty grim here too, very gusty up to 80 mile an hour apparently. Lots of tree branches everywhere and the odd tree, the retail park near us lost the roof off the new huge building they are doing, police stopping traffic going into the car park as loads of roof cladding (big sheets of metal) flying around, thankfully no one was hurt.
As for Belle, well her and her bestie (a Highland mare) were like ‘wind? What wind?’ I’m sure by the time she’s had several hours of it she’ll be happy to come in tonight though.
Stay safe everyone x

Blimey that must have been scary with the roof cladding. Eeek. Bad enough here sometimes when it gets going - we have a metal roof on one of the barns (which I'm saving up to get replaced) and that worries me - it peels back sometimes like a sardine can lid! :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: Kite_Rider
Yup very windy here. Haven’t risked putting the horses out due to the amount of trees and branches that are coming loose.

It got a bit knarly here, seen several friends have lost stables/shelters, I got off lightly only loosing a couple of roofing sheets off of the old derelict building, getting up the ladder to pin the 3rd loose one back down was fun but luckily there was a little lull in the wind for me to do it.
Our power went out at lunchtime so I spent the afternoon in the social club, they had cold beer and gas lanterns :D
Calm after the storm (not half an hour before it was stair rods of rain)
DSC_3820.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
Well the boys ended up stood in till 3. Got them both out for a quick hack. Once the rain stopped. The wind has died down a bit too. Dont think they were actually bothered about being stood in. They polished off two haynets. Left sh!t everywhere. Ive put them back down the bottom field. Theres only two trees near the paddock there in so hopefully they will be safe.

Reactions: Huggy
My boys don't have any shelter in their current field and I fed them scads of hay today - just took it to wherever they were standing. Appalling rain and very strong gusty wind. Mattie was togged up in a heavyweight with neck. Charlie was naked but he stood on the lee side of Mattie, as close as a foal! They seemed a bit cheesed off but not terribly bothered, and I noticed that although all the other horses in the field (6) had access to shelters, not one of them was standing in. They were all in very exposed places. They seem to feel safer that way in a high wind.

Cor we had a lull last night when I took that picture, then it ramped up again, the rain got me out of bed at one point, it was crashing down so loudly I had to get up to check that's what it was! But it can't have lasted all night as the fields weren't very soggy this morning, the one good thing about the wind is they dry quickly, and the wind is still howling though slightly less so than yesterday but it was still enough to shove my car across the road this morning.

We had a 3ft deep lake in our field which then started coming over the gateway heading for the stables, thankfully the rain stopped and it subsided a bit.

It's now snowing heavily so everyone is in and tucked up.

This is one of the local bistro/b&b today

newrider.com