Stevie's feet have fallen off :(

Midnight_Ashes

Apr 1, 2008
County Durham
AGAIN :(

We are going back to barefoot, because we have no choice really. I'm going to start a diary of photos to chart his progress (or lack thereof) and we are going for yet another different plan of attack in the form of EQyss MegaTek Rebuilder and EquineAnswers Farrier's Favourite.
Wish us luck :(
Piccies in the diary thread.

http://www.newrider.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2581529#post2581529 < diary thread with pics.

I've had him nearly five years now and his feet have never been the best, but after I moved yards and my farrier failed to turn up (farriers round here are hard to come by) and by the time I found a new one he had gone 9 weeks between shoeing. This resulted in a lengthy period of rest, antibiotics and painkillers etc. but the damage caused by it has left it's mark (his left fore was worse affected and so is the one that always plagues him more) as the structure of his feet has just never quite recovered. We've tried every supplement, application and old wives' tale going, over the years, and each one works for a little while and then seems to plateu (sp?).

Watch this space :rolleyes:

I hope it works out - I love mine being barefoot, but realised how important diet is - thats where the problems start - grass is our biggest foot killer :rolleyes:

Bless him. Hopefully you will be able to find a farrier that is reliable and knows what he's doing.

I put sonyy on Naf Pro-feet, whilst its hard because it rakes a long time for any results , he has been on it for over a year and the results are fantastic. Good luck! Oh and thanks for posting about using zinc tabs to help prevent mud fever, I will be trying it out this winter!:smile:

newrider.com