Stewarding today at local driving club fun day *pics*

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
This morning OH and me went to our local driving club funday to help out stewarding. The morning saw us replacing balls,cones and flags in the cone driving section. I got plenty of pics but poor quality due to only being on my Iphone ( sorry) the first section was driving around a course of cones trying not to knock the tennis balls off the top of the cones at the bottom they had to grab a flag from one cone and drive fast to a centre cone and place the flag in it. :D After the course was completed by horse and carriage the groom then had to cycle the cone course on a bike all this was timed. Fun for all turnouts,stewards, and spectators :D so heres some pics of the morning event.

Attachments

• S team.jpg
    S team.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 18
  • bike game.jpg
    bike game.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 15
  • driving club 1.jpg
    driving club 1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 15
  • driving club2.jpg
    driving club2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 14
  • driving club 4.jpg
    driving club 4.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
We all broke for a picnic lunch and a chat. then for part two of the funday the obstacle course. 1 st was a drive around a small course of obstacles. The 2nd part was to drive twice around a circle of cones with the backstep groom holding a piece or rope which was attached to a centre post but on this rope was a small bucket of water. Twice around this obstacle spilling as little water as possible. OH and me had obstacle 3 which was a course to be driven through marked gates while collecting a tennis ball off the top of each gate pole.He was marking and watching they went through the gates correctly. I had the stop watch for timing the turnouts :cool: So heres some pics of the obstacles section.:D:D

Attachments

• obstacles 1 and 2.jpg
    obstacles 1 and 2.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 3
  • Obs 2.jpg
    Obs 2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 3
  • obs3.jpg
    obs3.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 3
  • driving club carriage.jpg
    driving club carriage.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 4
  • dr clu 13.jpg
    dr clu 13.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Even more pics trying to show the variety of carriages and turnouts for anyone interested in driving. A day as a steward is fun and also a chance to meet local entusiasts. We got to ask lots of questions being beginers ourselves and see loads while having fun at the same time. So find your local harness club and volunteer such very friendly funloving people :D:D:D

Attachments

• obs3.5.jpg
    obs3.5.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 4
  • obs3.6.jpg
    obs3.6.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 4
  • obs3.7.jpg
    obs3.7.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Obs3.8.jpg
    Obs3.8.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Obs3.10.jpg
    Obs3.10.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Last lot!!!!!!! I hope I haven't bored you all, just thought some of you might be interested and enjoy the pics :D:D:D This is only our second time stewarding for the club but i would recomend it to anyone.We are only just learning to drive ourselves so great for information this has wetted my apetite for driving even more :p

Attachments

• obs2 .5.jpg
    obs2 .5.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 4
  • obs2.6.jpg
    obs2.6.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 4
  • obs3.11.jpg
    obs3.11.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 4
  • obs3.12.jpg
    obs3.12.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Driving club10.jpg
    Driving club10.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I lied LOL this is the last lot. All the competitors were fun and friendly some of them doing there very first fun competition, even one lady who was disabled a sport for everyone i think :D:D:D so go on give it a go. We both had a brilliant sunday in the open air with new friends.The ponies were all scrummy and so well behaved.

Attachments

• obs3.13.jpg
    obs3.13.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.14.jpg
    3.14.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.15.jpg
    3.15.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Sounds like a good day :) From what I can see in the photos it looks mostly like horses/ large ponies and 4 wheeled vehicles. Any teeny ponies and 2 wheelers taking part? I never know the rules for stuff like this!

Sounds like a good day :) From what I can see in the photos it looks mostly like horses/ large ponies and 4 wheeled vehicles. Any teeny ponies and 2 wheelers taking part? I never know the rules for stuff like this!

It was mostly larger ponies and horses but there were 3 small turnouts one a single section A. A pair of shetlands (in the first lot of photos) And a pair of sec As out for the first time as a pair.

They tell you the rules if your stewarding for the day.

Great fun, scary cones everywhere.....you do realise the accepted method for a pair to do the cones is for one chap to shy at them and force his friend to jump the one his side....you do know that don't you? ;)

newrider.com