"Stolen Horses" Greater Manchester Important Info

horsy

Sep 17, 2000
Manchester
www.jbphotographyonline.co.uk
Right well I have just got off the phone to my brother who is a policeman about this stolen horse business. I've heard lots of rumours about horses going missing locally to me so anybody in the Greater Manchester area who are served by GMP, here you go.

In the past 3 months across the whole GMP area, a total of over 200 dogs have been stolen. The number of horses stolen is 2. One was a thoroughbred race horse and one may just have wandered out of an open gate. No reports either of men photographing horses or of the red land cruiser etc. He went on to say I am more likely to have my dog stolen than my horse :rolleyes: so stop worrying :rolleyes:

Just thought I would share this as it has definitely put my mind at rest and I will be going to the yard tonight and explaining to all the panicked horse owners that the local reports of thefts are basically bull. (Or at least have not been reported.)

I think I have now joined the skeptics "farmkey making a fortune" club.

Echo that. Both GMP and Lancashire police confirmed to me yesterday that there have been no recent thefts and were very surprised to hear the rumours. Advice was to make sure horses are microchipped or freezemarked, fields and yards kept secure and that any suspicious vehicles are reported. But basically there's nothing out of the ordinary happening.

newrider.com