Stopping my mares seasons - options?

Llinos

Aug 16, 2007
I want to stop my mare coming into season during the show season as her behaviour is undesireable and makes her unshowable. Out of season she is keen and loves her work, but in season she is difficult and refuses to canter and bucks when asked. She also squirts at everything...mares included which is not great when she stops during our individual show to squirt! I showed her yesterday and she almost bucked me off twice in the ring when I asked for canter. There is no problem with her saddle, back and teeth as have all been checked and we don't have these problems when she is out of season. What are the options for stopping her seasons? Some people have suggested regumate as well as a 'mare-ble' to be inserted. I'm going to speak with my vet today, but wondered if anyone else had similar problems and if so, how you tackled it?

I had great results with my mare on NAF Oestress, it really settled her down and made her like her normal out of season self rather than the unhandleable witch she turned into.

newrider.com