Storage ideas

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
I'm after some storage ideas as my tack room is a little bit of a mess.
Anyone got any ideas?
Currently I have some shelves and plastic storage boxes. It was more for like forks and mucking out stuff. Aswell as where I put my collection of haynets as normally I keep them with my hay and do a load for the week however since we just have one bale to help our selves with I aren't too sure???

At the old yard I had haynets stuck on a nail out of the way, after moving I had them all stuffed into one and hung up but they've now ended up in a spare dust bin as its easier to grab them out.

My best thing storage wise is the double width filing cabinet I picked up, it gives loads of secure storage space.

Reactions: lauren123
Like @Jessey I used to hang my nets on a nail in the tack room at old house but they somehow ended up stuffed in a cupboard here. I think one of the most useful things apart from large plastic boxes is those big plastic feedbins, or the steel ones. They are great for just stuffing things inside when you really don't know where else to place them!!! I have one that has all my gardening stuff in and am thinking of buying another for the tack room.

For a more smart look you can get garden tool hanging hooks in pack of about 8.
Or just buy clothes/coat hanging hooks. Which you can just screw into the wall.
For dirt cheap get some 5 inch nails and hammer those into piece of wood mounted on the wall. I have my shovels and pitch forks, rake etc hanging on them.

newrider.com