Strangest tack room find?!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
What is the most unexpected find in your tack room?
Last night I found a pair of baby bunnies:D Goodness me they were cute but hard to evict! I didn't want them putting roots down as we have a very vicious rat atm and they do target baby rabbits. So, OH and I spent ages coaxing and prodding them out. One must have sneaked back in as this morning there were mini rabbit currants all over the floor!lol found him (or her) hiding behind a boot box. Cue much Benny Hill style chasing, even to the point of capture inside a piece of plastic pipe. Carefully carried outside by yours truly only to run back indoors! Hahahaaa. Finally managed to evict him whereupon he sat eying me nibbling grass outside Storm's stable. Somehow I think he will be back again........

What is the most unexpected find in your tack room?
Last night I found a pair of baby bunnies:D Goodness me they were cute but hard to evict!

Aw, one of our cats brought in a (live) baby bunny once, so very cute.

Not in the tack room, but we had a snake on our yard yesterday. I wasn't there (damn) but apparently it was just lying on the drive, a lovely grass snake with a bright yellow collar. It was alive but I'm pretty sure it wasn't very well. Caused quite a consternation by all accounts! I don't think anyone found it as cute as a baby bunny lol.

We have lots of snakes (grass and adder) sunning themselves round here at the moment, got to start being careful in the forest now :(
I scooped a family of mice out of a feed sack once, I was just expecting pasture mix!

Reactions: Trewsers
Aw, one of our cats brought in a (live) baby bunny once, so very cute.

Not in the tack room, but we had a snake on our yard yesterday. I wasn't there (damn) but apparently it was just lying on the drive, a lovely grass snake with a bright yellow collar. It was alive but I'm pretty sure it wasn't very well. Caused quite a consternation by all accounts! I don't think anyone found it as cute as a baby bunny lol.

Oooh a snake how cool is that?!:cool: I thought I had found a snake here once, it was slow worm. Really splendid.

Oooh a snake how cool is that?!:cool: I thought I had found a snake here once, it was slow worm. Really splendid.

Oh how fabulous Trewsers, I used to breed slow worms, in fact I did my English language 'talk' for part of my final exam on them at school and took mum and several wee babies in to school to show the teacher. Slow worms are just as nice a find as snakes, both equally amazing creatures, but definitely not as cute as baby bunnies.

We have lots of snakes (grass and adder) sunning themselves round here at the moment, got to start being careful in the forest now :(

I've occasionally seen adders round here but never a live grass snake - I saw a squashed baby one last year so I know they're about, but it's my dream to see a live one! I'd love to see a Slow Worm too - never seen one alive or dead!

I found loads of empty alcohol bottles in my tack room when I was clearing it out when we got here, also had some bumble bees living in there, I'm sure they remember as I keep getting flown at by giant bees!
I moved a box the other day and a ginormous spider, he got taken outside to start a new life in the country!

Reactions: Jessey
I found loads of empty alcohol bottles in my tack room when I was clearing it out when we got here, also had some bumble bees living in there, I'm sure they remember as I keep getting flown at by giant bees!
I moved a box the other day and a ginormous spider, he got taken outside to start a new life in the country!

Lol, love the spider starting his new life in the countryside!:D
That's funny about the bees - bet they do remember. Pity the alcohol bottles were emoty:D

Reactions: No_Angel
newrider.com