Stressage comp tonight and I did not come last

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Well we entered a riding club comp Prelim 13 and novice 28.

It was a lovely evening very relax and chilled out but my goodness there was some amazing combinations there very intimating.

Chanter loaded himself again so that was easy and takes the pressure off straight away. He did not warm up well or should I say I didn't warm him up very well I got a little over whelmed by the quality and size of classes also Bransby the rescue home that Chanter is from where there and they all knew him.

I had loads of wonderful comments about how good he looked and shock when I told them what we now do. It was such a compliment but meant the pressure was really on.

I loved the prelim I really enjoyed it but did not ride it that way but I was very happy with him. The novice started really well until I asked for the canter when he exploded for no reasons but we carried on it was a hard test but I was happy with it, not brill but not a total waste of time.

Well we got 55.7 in the Novice did not place but I was really happy with it. Any thing in the 50's at the moment is excellent as we have only done two.

In the prelim I came 4th with 66.8 I nearly died there was 15 in each class!!!!! so it was a proper win I was so excited.

chanter is an amazing boy with so much to give.:dance:

We will keep plodding away at the novice as I know we can do it.

Sounds like a great outing. Well done! I nearly always come last in dressage and the day that I get placed out of a big class number will be a cause for celebration!

Oh well done OBC! You and your lovely boy are so good together.

Because I joined the forum only a couple of years ago I had not realised that Chanter was a rescue. Wow! What an accomplishment!

Massive well done to u both! Bet you were extremely proud.

I didn't realise either that Chanter was originally a rescue. I bet he feels a million dollars living with yourself and the change in his life he must have had. Something i am sure he will always be extremely grateful for.

Why do they always choose the test to do something spontaneous :redface: and you just have to smile and carry on lol

When's your next one guys? :D

Only just seen this, big congrats!!

I didn't realise that Chanter was a rescue either, how long have you had him now?

Thanks guys, I have had Chanter since Jan 09.

His old owners could not cope with his naughty behavior and scared them so they just left him in a field for 8 years he was still looked after feet, wormer, feed etc but not riding wise.

I was told that when he was handed in to them they did some re-schooling with him and sent him to the local riding school where he was promptly returned stating that he was dangerous and should be PTS. Thank god they didn't. he stayed with the rescue home for nearly a year when my OH found him for me while I was serving in Iraq he sent me a picture. He bucked me off on the trail but by then it was to late I knew he was coming home with me.

It took me 2 years to get him to ride round the track with out spinning, rearing and running backwards. Every ride was tense and stressful but I knew I would win and that he would never leave me.

Years later we do everything together but the biggest thing is riding down the river back on our own.

Our next comp is on Sunday prelim 19 and novice 28 so scared.:help:

Thanks guys, I have had Chanter since Jan 09.

His old owners could not cope with his naughty behavior and scared them so they just left him in a field for 8 years he was still looked after feet, wormer, feed etc but not riding wise.

I was told that when he was handed in to them they did some re-schooling with him and sent him to the local riding school where he was promptly returned stating that he was dangerous and should be PTS. Thank god they didn't. he stayed with the rescue home for nearly a year when my OH found him for me while I was serving in Iraq he sent me a picture. He bucked me off on the trail but by then it was to late I knew he was coming home with me.

It took me 2 years to get him to ride round the track with out spinning, rearing and running backwards. Every ride was tense and stressful but I knew I would win and that he would never leave me.

Years later we do everything together but the biggest thing is riding down the river back on our own.

Our next comp is on Sunday prelim 19 and novice 28 so scared.:help:

What a fantastic story. So go on, please do tell - what was it about him that made you fall in love, even though he bucked you off?

You were clearly meant to be :twins:

Jane

While I was away my OH went to view him he took loads of pictures and emailed them to me. I opened the first picture and cried he looked so sad. Dont get me wrong he was well looked after at the rescue centre but it was mid winter he was furry and wet his mane was long and he was muddy.

He just stood for the photo with his head hung low and he justed need ME. I printed off the pictures and put them up by my desk and some in my room and I looked and talked to him every night for 6 more weeks until I got home. OH collected me on the 15 Dec after 48 hours travelling I had two hours sleep and he took me to see him. I could see under the mud and through the hair that he was a cracker and the soft gentle eyes melted me. Then he bucked me off:unsure:

He came home on the 10 Jan after vetting etc. He came with nothing not even a lead rope. I spent every penny I had saved in Iraq and brought him every thing he would ever need again and promised him a home for life.

I had to take the price tags off everything including his head collar and lead rope before I could even collect him.

I know it is sad but he really is my best friend and our bond was sealed when I lost my beloved dog Tanis last May as now all my love was poured in to him.

The funny part is since I had owned him him he hates mud and being dirty, loves to be groomed and even lets me cuddle him every now and again.

Sorry went on a bit you only asked a simple question

ObC that's a reallly lovely story, I love the fact you totally fell for him while you were in Iraq over a simple photo - obviously mean to be :happy:

A great story and shows just how far you have come - and that with true dedication and bucket loads of patience anything is possible.

Well done on your recent dressage results too :wavespin:

Congratulations on your results, that is so fantastic,bloomin' well done to the pair of you.

What a lovely story too, you were clearly meant to be :biggrin:

newrider.com