Stressage day today!

HaloHoney

Apr 30, 2017
Holy cow. Had an unexpectedly good day with Mr Flashpants today!

Dressage at my yard - it’s unaffiliated but the judge is a BD judge, and is allegedly tight-fisted with her marks. Outside entries are allowed, and most of the competitors today were outside entries, and looked particularly together and polished in the warm up.

My ridiculous nag decided to scratch his face up on barbed wire on Saturday night (no coincidence that there were some massive fireworks being let off :mad: - at least it wasn’t his eye and a bloody vet visit this time...) and has a 2” scratch right where his bleeping noseband sits. :(

I was pushed for time this morning (test time was 10.07am. I left school drop off at 9am) but a couple of legendary teenagers from the yard got him out of bed for me. I bloody owe them.

Well I went and rode the first test (Intro A) and it felt ok. Then an hour later did a second one (Prelim 12). Got my results from the first one and I only blooming bagged a third, and got a PB!! :D and in doing so, we qualified for regional finals of a UK Riders Dressage Challenge regional finals!

Got results for prelim. Best score for that level that we’ve ever done by a country mile. Came 4th. Qualified for UK Riders at prelim too.

This time last year my knowledge of dressage was “that one’s wearing some nice bling, look!” :D:rolleyes::oops::) well today my horse was wearing some lovely bling and it was me doing the riding out there. I can’t believe what can happen in a year. My boy did me proud today. I feel like someone could pinch me and I’ll wake up.

Love him so very, very much. :D

Here are some poor quality video stills. Please ignore rider leaning, poor position, yads yada.

Still grinning.

We’ve tried a new Micklem bridle and he seems to really like it.

C590C719-9326-48EB-8CDD-B596B1A2A128.jpeg 1F2E8025-2EB4-43F8-BC50-EEEA62969667.jpeg D6DC06D2-C764-44FD-8D52-3D6280DC5E24.jpeg A339C82B-AC2C-4FF0-9485-B49E995D6261.jpeg

newrider.com