Stubben cord girths

G

Does anyone use a Stubben Cord girth here.

Thinking of getting one for Bry when we eventually get back to riding.

They look really good and quite comfy to.

I do ( as recommended by a Saddle Co fitter:D). Rio is prone to being girthy and seems to like it, it's really wide and has a bit of give in it. I'd certainly give one a go, I think they help with stability issues too.

Most saddler will recomend using them. They spread the pressure over a wide area and allow the horses skin to breath.

BUT they can nip, so a girth sleeve is a good idea. Also helps keep them clean. And they're a pain in the ass if they get tangled up ;)

How are they any different though if you put a girth sleeve on them? Is that not the same as a regular material girth then? What type of sleeve, sheepskin/neoprene?

i've been using the stubben cord girths for years and have never had one nip. they are made of beautifully soft cord and my horse loves them. we used to have problems with him being girthy and getting girth galls with regular girths, but since switching to the travia cord girths several years ago the problems disappeared. they are well worth investing in. they wash really well too and come out really soft.

Yep, use one of Fatty. Have a Saddle Co cob saddle with point & balance straps. So the nice long V in each end is useful.

They are really soft not like the old nasty string girths you used to get that bunched up. Also he is a lot less sweaty around the girth area compared to when we used a Thorrowgood girth. Also they do really help with the saddle stability and it virtually never slips now when mounting.

I've not had trouble with pinching/nipping, they do wash up nicely as well.

Just remember that they are measured in centimetres not inches, so you will need to measure up, as mine is a tad longer than I would like since Fatty lost weight.

Weve got a 56" for Bertha. She needs to loose a few pounds before it fits round her fat belly though! - Shes a 58-60" atm! :eek: - She comfort eats!

Think the stubben ones are made to not pinch. Other makes possibly might, but stubben are very good and theyve never pinched Bertha.

Looks like a unanimous (sp) yes then, found some on ebay for £22.50. A nice new brown one to go with her nice new brown saddle that I am about to order...when said saddle fitter gives me a refund:rolleyes:

Can you show with them??

Bobbin said:
...when said saddle fitter gives me a refund:rolleyes:

EXCUSE ME? What refund? Has there been a 'development' i've missed or you haven't mentioned?:D

Oh, and WHAT new saddle... another saddle co or not?

Anyone know if they do a dressage girth version? I used to use one & loved it but the saddle I have now needs a dressage girth so I'm stuck with a Wintec plus prolite girth sleeve - nice but not as cool this weather.

newrider.com