Stupid comments that make you look thick?

MistyGal

Jan 24, 2011
Norfolk
We just had major powercut in Norfolk.. nearly all of county was off for about 2 hrs.... so i go get ready for bed, phone as torch and say to OH
"Its a good job we have electric toothbrushes"..... :redcarded::redcarded:

Really can i seriously be that silly?:biggrin:

:giggle: i have just spent a few hours round my friends house and between us, well lets just say we laugh a lot at each other, i said something that my friend found hillarious as it was so stupid but i cant remember what it was :unsure:

and then my friend is looking after another friends g'pigs and she asked me to cut up a piece of fruit from that bag, either a carrot or a bit of cellery, best bit was she couldnt even work out what was so funny about what she has said :bounce:

when OH got a new car i had a blonde moment -

we were going somewhere and had satnav set up

filled up and off we went ...

Me - Rob the cars wrong
rob - what do you mean
me - well the sat nav says were 200 miles away but the car says were 400 miles away
rob - what the hell are you on about
me - on the dash ... distance to E.M.P.T.Y ... where is that anyway is that were were going??
rob - no dannii ... thats how far we are away from being stranded at the middle of the road
me - *confused look*
rob- EMPTY DANNII ... HOW MANY MILES IN THE TANK!!!
Me - :unsure: oh ...

when OH got a new car i had a blonde moment -

we were going somewhere and had satnav set up

filled up and off we went ...

Me - Rob the cars wrong
rob - what do you mean
me - well the sat nav says were 200 miles away but the car says were 400 miles away
rob - what the hell are you on about
me - on the dash ... distance to E.M.P.T.Y ... where is that anyway is that were were going??
rob - no dannii ... thats how far we are away from being stranded at the middle of the road
me - *confused look*
rob- EMPTY DANNII ... HOW MANY MILES IN THE TANK!!!
Me - :unsure: oh ...

:bounce::bounce:

:bounce:That reminds me of the time I was looking for a new car and was in the S E A T garage showroom and asked why the seats have a special warranty? :redcarded::giggle:

I went to a fun ride on Sunday and when we collected our numbers I had to tell them that our friend wasn't able to make it.

Me: Our friend couldn't come because her horse lost a hoof.
Lady: Lost it's hoof?
Me: Yes, he'll get a new one on Monday though.
My other friend: Hoof? He's lost a hoof?
Me: A shoe, alright I meant a shoe. 'Crawls back to my lorry as my friend p*sses herself laughing.'

She then reminded me of my other dopey moment.

Describing how Izzy slipped while warming up with my sharer. 'He fell down on his back knees.'
:redface:

I went to a fun ride on Sunday and when we collected our numbers I had to tell them that our friend wasn't able to make it.

Me: Our friend couldn't come because her horse lost a hoof.
Lady: Lost it's hoof?
Me: Yes, he'll get a new one on Monday though.
My other friend: Hoof? He's lost a hoof?
Me: A shoe, alright I meant a shoe. 'Crawls back to my lorry as my friend p*sses herself laughing.'

She then reminded me of my other dopey moment.

Describing how Izzy slipped while warming up with my sharer. 'He fell down on his back knees.'
:redface:

Thats defo a "dannii-ism!"

My funniest was when at University I lived in a flat in a small village served by the University bus. One morning we had a power cut and I got onto the bus and remarked it was amazing that it had lights..... went very red when everyone laughed!!

Glad its not just me.

Last week the Police Station was shut overnight with a planned Power Cut, they wanted 2 Detention Officers and 2 Police Officers to go in and act as
'Security'.

Obviously the Detention Officers had nobody in the cells and were moaning
about how boring the shift would be..............'Whats the matter with you
both' I said ' How can you moan, we are usually moaning because we are soooo busy, what a change to have no prisoners and Its money for old rope, put your feet up and watch the Telly or bring in a good film and sit and drink Coffee all night'...........

Took me 10 minutes to realise why they were all 'P' ing themselves laughing:redface: DOH !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
This was years ago when George Foreman came out of retirement and won a heavyweight boxing title.

ME: did you hear the news that George Formby has just become heavyweight champion of the world.

HUBBY: What did he do? Hit his opponent over the head which his banjo?

Oh and there was the classic where my hubby listed a pair of sunglasses on eBay as being 'bisexual' rather than 'unisex' Pmsl!

:giggle: i have just spent a few hours round my friends house and between us, well lets just say we laugh a lot at each other, i said something that my friend found hillarious as it was so stupid but i cant remember what it was :unsure:

and then my friend is looking after another friends g'pigs and she asked me to cut up a piece of fruit from that bag, either a carrot or a bit of cellery, best bit was she couldnt even work out what was so funny about what she has said :bounce:

Must admit I had to read it twice!:wub:

Lol, great thread! Girl I worked with once said "yeah, its one of them bisexual hairdressers".......I hope she meant unisex........really I do...heheheehee.

OH can be blonde too - when we had a power cut not long ago, he said "yeah great, we can use the leccy in the caravan" - erm how?????!!! No power.....hahaha

I seem to come out with classics all the time – usually when I’m with OH. One of his favourites being the day when I said “you won’t be able to lift it, it weighs a fortune” (right okay then!)

Unfortunately I come out with some classics in front of his parents on a regular basis but only ever rude ones. The one that makes OH hysterical every time it’s mentioned was when we were moving furniture into our house. FiL had been using his van & OH & I were carrying a sofa or something between us. I wasn’t doing too well coordinating the lifting part with going up steps & in through the front door.

OH tells me to “come on!” and I reply rather loud & curtly (with FiL stood directly behind me) with “don’t you come on me my darling”.

Whoopsie :redface: Oh the shame!

I phoned up to book my landrover in the council MOT testing centre for a MOT...I said that i was going away next week so would like a MOt this week sometime, but couldn't do friday or thursday from lunchtime onwards. This was on tuesday.

So bloke on the phone said, so tomorrow then? And i said"well as i said i can do anytime this week really but not thursday pm or friday. Tuesday or wednesday would be fine. Bloke....long pause.....is 9am wednesday ok then? I said "yes that's fine" then i said "when is wednesday anyway?" and the bloke goes "tomorrow" I felt like such a idiot!!

It passed though :smile:

^ I did something similar the other day, phoned the water company to change our direct debit, account & correct my name spelling. I asked when we're billed at the moment & the lady said every 6 months. I then asked is it on the 15th or 1st of each month :redface:

She paused.... and repeated herself at which point I could only laugh & apologise for myself! (I had gotten confused, having just spoken to our mortgage company!)

It's what I do......I get the vacuum out to vac the house while I wait for the electricity to come back on again........ or I collect up all the washing and wonder why the washing machine won't work! :eek:

I have had Soo many blond moments its unreal! The most recent was when kate and will got married and the family were watching it. They were singing the national anthem and me been stupid and blonde lol i say ' why isn't the queen singing?':bounce::redface:

newrider.com