Stupid Question - body protector storage

Country_lad

Jan 12, 2008
Norfolk
I was just wondering what is the best way to store a body protector. I have an air -o-wear one and dont wear it that often, but its seems to often loose its shape and i have to rugby tackle it to get into it! - unless my body shape is changing :redface: lol

Is is best to hang it on a hanger or something or maybe stuff a pillow into it?? any ideas greatly recieved!!

You could try living in it, sleeping in it and wearing it to work. However, I think you may just have to come to terms with the fact that most body protectors are not usually a) very comfortable or b) very flexible. But i think the pillow idea sounds like a goer.

I'm pretty sure that they are supposed to be hung on a hanger when not in use.
You should also keep it out of direct sunlight :smile:

thanks, it seems a hanger is going to be the best option!! It sort of lives on the floor so i doubt that doing it alot of good :banghead:

maybe i will try the combined effots of a hanger and also a pillow!

Mine hangs in the tack room - but I mentioned this on another thread. During the minus weather over the winter I housed it in the wardrobe in my bedroom, because I honestly don't think the freezing temp did it any favours! Plus when you put it on when its cold it takes ages to warm to your body shape. I usually put mine on when I am tacking up - not the last job - but about 20 mins before I get on board. Otherwise it is very stiff and unbendy!

I dont normally wear mine but when we had the snow I went to and couldn't get it on as its get's soo cold in my little storage bit at the yard so around 0c , I'm wearing it again now and its fine,all back to normal I dont think it does them much good being stored at low or too higher temps just room temperature hung up I would of thought.

I think I may start looking after mine alittle more now!!!:smile:

I do agree, the warmer it is the better it fits!!!

I have come to the conclusion on a coat hanger with a pillow stuffed in it for now!! Have to see how that goes!! :playfull:

newrider.com