Success Free Schooling Tonight! :)

Showjumper

Ex Member
Dec 30, 2000
After yesterday's horrid ride I decided it was time to re-establish myself as the leader of mine and Dolly's little party.

Popped her in the school tonight to free school her and to start with we had the pawing, kicking, head tossing and bucking of yesterday but when I didn't give in (like I did yesterday) she clicked that maybe I need listening to and we got a walk, trot and canter in each direction and I even popped her over a little jump :D

Am thrilled to bits! I was having to use way more energy and whip cracking than I like but I was only raising the energy each time she ignored a polite request (ie ask with the voice, wave the whip while asking with the vocie, crack the whip while asking with the voice, crack, wave and chase while asking lol!) By the end of the session, I'd got a trot on each rein off the voice - canter only required minimum whip cracking.

I'm going to get her in there again tomorrow for more of the same, and once she's quit arguing and throwing her toys out of the pram, I'll feel happier about getting back on (with an instructor present).

newrider.com