Suggestions on mane management!

I dont ever groom my boys legs. I just apply pig oil and sulphur as and when. I actually had a comment made by someone the other week whilst out hacking. Who said look at those hairy legs. It must take hours to get them like that. I just laughed and said no actually I barely touch them. They were shocked.

Reactions: Huggy
I stopped using the oil and on occasion I use a spray and only on the fronts.

@Huggy you don't have to spend hours on the hair. I just include it as part of our time together. She loves a fuss and falls asleep. She's one bit scratch me.
I haven't touched her mane all week, it's been windy and its choosing to blow where it wants right now.

@Huggy I've no sympathy, you guilt tripped me into doing his mane & then his tail looked a mess in comparison so I had to do that too - it's all your fault!

Right we've moved to feather management now! I am leaving them a lot of the time, mainly because they're always a bit wet. Would love to trim them just a bit, but he's very fidgety, and I'm wary of a foot in the face when I'm down there! Found the Lincoln lice powder pretty effective, along with the frontline spray.20190302_110403.jpg20190302_110249.jpg20190302_110313.jpg

@Huggy I've no sympathy, you guilt tripped me into doing his mane & then his tail looked a mess in comparison so I had to do that too - it's all your fault!
@Huggy I've not seen the Lincoln stuff, I think I might try some on Chloe's feathers too.
I had to do it a few times - very messy! But the stamping and chewing has stopped completely.

Reactions: Trewsers
It's a bit all or nothing isn't it.
When you decorate one room the rest of the house needs it, so don't redecorate. :D

What can I say, if I'm going to do it I do it whole heartedly! And that's a problem with things like cleaning because if I can't be bothered to do the whole house I don't do any of it because I'm not happy with half a job & I feel whet isn't done looks even worse.

Look at it this way - how lovely does he look?;)

Oh he looks very pretty, but he's always does - typical welsh cob, all pretty face with big eyes & knowing how to use them!

What can I say, if I'm going to do it I do it whole heartedly! And that's a problem with things like cleaning because if I can't be bothered to do the whole house I don't do any of it because I'm not happy with half a job & I feel whet isn't done looks even worse.

Oh he looks very pretty, but he's always does - typical welsh cob, all pretty face with big eyes & knowing how to use them!
Sounds like my granddaughter lol xxxxx

@Huggy is all this stuff about feathers trying to distract us from the fact that you said that Hogan was going to model a running plait next????
About that........ :rolleyes:
That's a gorgeous mane :)
Thank you! I've always coveted other people's horses with manes and feather - that's why I'm so precious about it! Luckily, it would appear that I don't need to do much in the way of upkeep. His feathers are harder - they're incredibly thick.

newrider.com