Summer Show at our yard tomorrow

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
So so excited!

Our yard (which is also a RS) is putting on its summer showjumping show tomorrow :D

Really love my yard as everyone is so supportive and friendly :)

It kicks off at 10am (I'll get there at like 8am though to give Cyrus early breakfast, remove any stable stains and plait before yard is crazy busy) with litttle crosspoles for the little ones which is going to be the most adorable class of the day. My friends little boy is doing it. He had a sit and walk around with me leading on Cyrus other day and was asking to jump the course which happened to be up! He has just turned 4 :D how cute is that!

Then there is mini, midi, maxis. I am doing midis to warm up and maxis. Then in afternoon we are doing a tip the pole/chase me charlie/puissance type fun class. Which is in the categories of kids/teens/adults. I would be thrilled if he goes up to 90cm in this. He can clear that easy enough, just can come down to my confidence how well he does and if I don't get rhythm/line perfect and it is a long one or he chips in a half stride. Have jumped 1m as single jumps on him (not a course) so he does have potential to do that on the day but I won't push him beyond that as don't want to mess with either of our confidences and overface him for sake of a prize, love him too much for that kind of thing. :)

My main aim of day is to have fun, enjoy the jumping and have a happy appy.

There will be a BBQ for lunch, which my friends oh who is amazing chef is doing. I am doing facepainting f0r kids (and grown ups who so wish) inbetween all my classes :D

Cyrus was a little star today, I got great compliments from my RI in a group jumping lesson and he was super keen to jump everything. I had a lovely chilled out hack later with my friend who doesn't have her own horse but is riding one of the YOs newish mares in show.

Then Cyrus had a bath, mane and tail wash and was looking very handsome and super spotty!

I am going to eat some dinner in a bit then get my tack extra clean, boots black and shiny. Switch his browband for a blingy one so he will be sparkly and spotty, change numnah for the personalised one I got him at Olympia ages ago :)and be all set for tomorrow tonight.

Reactions: Trewsers
Oh wow, that sounds like great fun! I'm excited for you! Please get photos :D I'd love to go to something like that again:)

Reactions: Gattino
Hi Everyone

Not home long, gave my friend a lift home after show and stayed for dinner :D

Show day started off by raining heavily but then cleared up by around midday :)

I got to yard early and tackled Cyrus's stable stains and plaited him (not very well but he looked cute anyway).

The mini rounds were on first and then midis. Cyrus did a lovely midi round and we got a double clear :D Was so so thrilled with him. He jumped his spotty socks off and there was a few spooky things including the last jump which was two big round haybales with a veryskinny jump in middle of them and there was toy scarecrow in each haybale!

Maxis things changed a good bit, fence 3 which was related distance from 2 turned into a substantial oxer and Cyrus didn't fancy it but got him over it on 2nd attempt. Silly boy must really have hated it as did same again on next round. Fence 6 had been a vertical off a tight turn but now had a black and white plank and behind a x pole. Cyrus took a look and put in a stop but with a few words of advice from my RI and being determined as I could we went over it.

Maxis was definitely a challenging course, and weren't that many clears and our first time attempting that height/difficulty as a full course or in a competition. Actually was our 1st SJ comp really. I am super proud of him as he put in some lovely jumps over other jumps in maxis.

The last class of day was tip the pole/puissance type competition, divided into kids/teens/adults. If you tipped/knocked pole/runout/refusal etc lost a life and next time were out. The kids were amazing so confident, lovely little girl won at about 85cm and the teens just outstanding. Two dinger ponies were last two in and the winner cleared 1.2m

The adult round only had 4 of us. Cyrus was so up for it and very keen. I could not have asked more from him. He just barely touched the pole real lightly so at 95cm we finished, he was a little star and jumped his heart out and tried his best to clear it. He flew for me. He did not knock pole to ground or anything and he had the feeling of 'let me at it mum!' So we were 3rd I think as someone out just before me if I recall right. Another lady cleared one I went out on but then tipped next one. My friend won at 1.05m her mare has a serious jump and can clear 1.40 no probs (my friend does not jump her that high though).

I was super proud of my spotty man all day and in that last comp he was super and up against a 16.2/3 ex showjumper, friends mare is about 16hh and serious jumper, and other horse is an ex racehorse who is really scopey and about 16/16.1

My chap was the littlest at 15hh, he has a lovely jump and is a little dinger but we have only just started to do 90s as odd jump as part of a course or a single jump so he did fab against some tough competition :D

I don't have pics yet as not sure if anyone took any of us and was bit of busy mad day!

Sounds like an awesome day, glad you had fun xx

Really enjoyed it, am so wrecked today though :D

:DCyrus rules!!!! What a good lad he sounds

Aw thank you, he was just so good and tried his very best :D he met a pony friend too from his old yard where he lived when previous owner had him and they were so cute had nuzzly reaquainting time :D

It was really funny as Cyrus had like a little fan club from his old yard and our yard :)

Lovely update - can you scrounge any pics off anyone else who was there?:)

I am going to try get some, if I can't though I am going to get someone to take some of us riding/jumping in a reg session soon though as think need more pics of him (I've loads of him - mainly spotty head shots - just not ridden ones)

Reactions: Cortrasna
An amazing dad of one of the teenagers from our yard had his camera out at show (he takes pics like a pro!) and so I have some fantastic shots of me and Cyrus in the Maxi round. I will put them up later in like an hour as just need to eat a bit of food now as my dinner about to burn :D:p I did not recognise him in one he looked like such a proper little sj horse :D So in a bit you can all enjoy some Spotty Photography

Reactions: PePo
newrider.com