Supplements and creams for sarcoids

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
...la la land
I'm sure I read somewhere that some people have feed supplements to prevent or reduce sarcoids.
Also some have tried topical creams.
Has anyone tried these and the lumps have disappeared.

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
A fellow livery has used a cream that worked but she got it from the vet and she had to use gloves to apply it. Don’t know if it was that Liverpool cream.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
A fellow livery used the Liverpool cream under vets supervision. However I have seen several herbal types - think I might have seen something on Hyperdrugs site?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I looked into it as Hank has a small skin tag that we presume to be a sarcoid on his sheath, vet said to leave alone unless it grew or bothered him but I thought getting a supplement might be worth a try, I think it was global herbs "sarc-ex' that got good reviews in that after a few weeks/months many had just shriveled up and fallen off and that was the end of it, I haven't got around to trying it yet.

Mar 4, 2008
Guisborough, Cleveland.
I used Newmarket cream on a nodular sarcoid. It sort of melted the skin and shelled the nodule out leaving a small wound that healed completely and relatively quickly. It never came back. It seems like nasty stuff but the mare in question didn't seem to mind having it applied.