Supplements and creams for sarcoids

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
I'm sure I read somewhere that some people have feed supplements to prevent or reduce sarcoids.
Also some have tried topical creams.
Has anyone tried these and the lumps have disappeared.

A fellow livery has used a cream that worked but she got it from the vet and she had to use gloves to apply it. Don’t know if it was that Liverpool cream.

A fellow livery used the Liverpool cream under vets supervision. However I have seen several herbal types - think I might have seen something on Hyperdrugs site?

Thuja cream is supposed to help them, I guess it depends on what type of sarcoid though.

I looked into it as Hank has a small skin tag that we presume to be a sarcoid on his sheath, vet said to leave alone unless it grew or bothered him but I thought getting a supplement might be worth a try, I think it was global herbs "sarc-ex' that got good reviews in that after a few weeks/months many had just shriveled up and fallen off and that was the end of it, I haven't got around to trying it yet.

I used Newmarket cream on a nodular sarcoid. It sort of melted the skin and shelled the nodule out leaving a small wound that healed completely and relatively quickly. It never came back. It seems like nasty stuff but the mare in question didn't seem to mind having it applied.

I wouldn't want to apply anything unless a vet had seen it & ok'd it first, some sarcoids can go very nasty if meddled with.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com