Supplements for mares?

Midnight_Ashes

Apr 1, 2008
County Durham
Louise is a bit of a madam when she's in season and appears to get sore around her ovaries. What hormonal balancers etc do people use in this situation? Oestress seems to be the only thing specifically designed for that problem but does it work?
I am thinking it would be most beneficial to start feeding in late winter while they are still in di-oestress (sp?) so that it's in their system ready for when their seasons start?

Any advice appreciated, I don't want another summer where I have a moody b!tch for one week out of every four!

I have put madam on Global herbs frisky mare - she gets so sore she is lame. Since being on it, she hasn't been lame... but her seasons get better as the summer goes on so Im undecided on the effect - she has only been on it for 4 weeks and we have a bad week every 6th week... She is also grumpy, but that is her and more skin related I think as its constant :p

Oestress, loading dose i think is two scoops, my mare has one scoop a day and her seasons and moods have improved a massive amount. I tried, the herbal stuff, agnus castus, and tbh i didnt really notice much difference.

newrider.com