SW Meet Up - Please Confirm on here

Murphs

Oct 22, 2000
Pembrokeshire, West Wales
Hi all

I have two options open to us for 23rd Feb. One is at High Bullen Farm, Lynton (www.spiritoe.cjb.net) at a cost of £15 p.hr. (so £30 each as presume we will do 2 hrs?) and the other is at Periton Park, Nr Minehead (www.peritonpark.co.uk) at a cost of £25 for 2 hrs. Please take a look and let me know if you have a preference and if you DEFINITELY are able to come so we know numbers - Periton Park can definitely accomodate all our varying weights/heights and experience.

Personal pref is for Periton Park as it's not as far for everyone to travel and we don't have to negoptiate Porlock Hill! They ride out at 10am or 2pm so would need to agree on time - they could currently accomodate 9 of us out on the same ride or we could split and some ride in the morning, some in the afternoon but all meet up for lunch.

Look forward to the replies:)

Debbie

Debbie,

Thanks for all of the effort you've put in to make this a success. I am SO sorry but I now cannot make that day. I need to be able to stay overnight so would have taken the Monday as annual leave. However, I now have a work commitment on the Monday which cannot be moved so I can't come. I'm very disappointed I can't make it but I hope you all have a brilliant time.

Sandra

Periton Park looks really good. Like the site, very informative and sensible. Quite happy to do either, split the ride, or all together. Would prefer morning as will have wilted by a'noon, especially after food!
Count me in definately.
Thank you for doing all the research, very decent of you. Cheers. L

Periton Park looks interesting - I have not come across it when we have been down on Exmoor. Did you ever get to Huntscott?

Unfortunately I won't be able to make that weekend now as I am doing a 2 year Equine Behaviour course and that is my weekend for that (I thought it was the one before). Never mind - another time hopefully - it is a pity as we were going to make a little holiday of the trip!

Louise

Hiya :)

I am not a mature rider (22 infact) but I haven't been able to ride in over a year due to illness and would really love a day out. I live just down the road from Horsey Bird and if she can make it then she said that I could share a lift if it's ok with you?

Periton Park looks very nice, the web site is encouraging! I am a heavier than normal rider (hmph) and you say that they accomodate this, so that's good. :) I am not a fantastic rider, but I can walk, trot, canter (and gallop if pushed!) on a safe horse while out hacking. I'd have to ask to be on the morning ride if we split because I still have an illness that means I have to go to the loo a fair bit and would be worse after dinner.

This all depends on whether Horsey Bird could go tho. :)

Cheers!

Katie

Hi Katie- this is fine, i need to know asap if Marie & yourself can make it (i'm worried if i can't confirm numbers this week that we may lose the slot asthere are already other riders booked for that day) - if you can come can you pm me your height/weight

Can everyone else who was interested please try and respond within the next day or so

thanks

Debbie

Update on me and Marie:

Just had email from her sayign that she can't make it due to commitments with her new horse, so I'm afraid neither of us will be going.

Very sorry, hope I can manage to go on the next one anyway!

Put me down plus one. However do matchsticks and coffe come too. 10am ride. 2hour drive and our two to do first. Still I am sure it will be worth it.

Oh wow, When are you going, :D :D Hope you all enjoy it, maybe when im bit older i could come and enjoy a great day out once more have a brill time, and we need photos photos photos :D :D :D :D :D

newrider.com