Sweet iron (yes, this is in the right section!)

Soot

Paranoid!
Aug 7, 2007
East Sussex
Galli's bit arrived today -- loose ring sweet iron with a copper peanut ...

I licked it at 3 PM and I can still taste the metallic twang. My colleague then tasted it at about 4 PM and just texted me to say she wanted more LMAO ...

Galli hasn't had a taste yet, but I would be thrilled if he would learn to love his bit as much as Lucy likes her nickel coated bit. She grabs it out of my hand when tacking up and mouths for it as soon as it's in sight :p :D

I licked it at 3 PM and I can still taste the metallic twang. My colleague then tasted it at about 4 PM and just texted me to say she wanted more LMAO ...

Galli hasn't had a taste yet, but I would be thrilled if he would learn to love his bit as much as Lucy likes her nickel coated bit. She grabs it out of my hand when tacking up and mouths for it as soon as it's in sight :p :D

I was looking at getting one of those for my TB, do keep us posted, I've also ordered a copper lozenge full cheek for my bit resistant pony.

would you mind showing me a pic of one, coz im not sure what one looks like :eek:

510_copper_french_link_bradoon.JPG

I've got one of them....exactly like that! :) Don't use it at the moment though. Got a Happy Mouth instead!

For some reason the sweet iron bits makes me feel ill!! I've never tasted one, but they just make me gag and physically shudder! Even looking at that photo makes me feel ill!!! I've no idea why...I'm just weird! :rolleyes:

(My cob hated it too....!):rolleyes:

Hope you get on OK with it Soot...once everyone's finished tasting it! ;):p

I've got one of them....exactly like that! :) Don't use it at the moment though. Got a Happy Mouth instead!

For some reason the sweet iron bits makes me feel ill!! I've never tasted one, but they just make me gag and physically shudder! Even looking at that photo makes me feel ill!!! I've no idea why...I'm just weird! :rolleyes:

(My cob hated it too....!):rolleyes:

Hope you get on OK with it Soot...once everyone's finished tasting it! ;):p

You have a sweet iron phobia!!? :eek:

So far I have had good success using this for backing horses/ponies ... They seem to take it as a first bit ... then again, they have nothing to compare it to!

it's is the same bit I use for Hugo :D I've tried him in all sorts and this is the best by far! he loves the taste and has become much softer in his mouth. x

I am with you all the way on rubber reins. I can make them, but I really don't like them.

I have a sweet iron with little copper knobbles welded down it, :D that'd set your teeth on edge!

omg that is so cute that she takes it out of your hand! :D:rolleyes:

I dunno.
"Snatches" might be more accurate. If I leave the bridle hanging nearby, I often find her standing with the bit in her mouth and the rest of the lovely expensive Stubben bridle hanging down to the mud. She's a weirdo, Lucy is! :rolleyes:

newrider.com