Swiss Galoppers anyone?

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Still looking for front boots for Belle, tried scoots, they didn't fit well as she has quite upright hooves, I love the renegades (thank you @Jane&Ziggy ) on her hinds and have my eye on the Swiss Galoppers, they look very similar to the renegades and apparently fit lots of hoof shapes, but they look easier than the renes as less bits to clog with dirt/break etc.
Would love to know if anyone has got hands on with them and would love some feedback if so? Are they as good as the renes for grip and do they wear as well I'm wondering. The worst thing I'm finding is that every boot manufacturer has different sizes and even the quoted sizes don't marry up to the actual hoof size..... I must phone hoof boutique actually.

Reactions: Jessey
I've not been hands on with them, they are pretty new out, they have only been around a couple of years. When they first launched I figured I would wait and see how others got on with them, the bit that I wondered about was the heel captivator being joined to the base/shell; if bending the plastic back and forth (to put them on/off) would break it off. And as it would prevent height adjustment of the heel captivator, how that would work on different height heels. And if that might be more likely to rub as it doesn't move with the heel like on the rene's.

My rene's are nearly worn through at the toe now so I am not far off buying more, but I am trying to hold out for the new releases from EasyCare next month, they have several different designs which look interesting, I'm hoping to find somewhere to get hands on them before I decide what to buy.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Thanks Jessey, I'm not sure I like the new easyboots, no idea why, they just look a bit like they might not last very long.
I've done as much research as I can on the Swiss Galoppers, apparently that bendy bit has been tested to breaking point and lasts really well as from what they say it's been a big concern for many people, not sure how the fit is for heel height either and I see what you're saying, with the rene's you can adjust it because there isn't anything 'solid' in the way, whereas with the SG you are kind of fixed.
Hmmm the SG's do get very good reviews from what I've read but it's a bit like tree less saddles really isn't it, some will love one particular make and others will hate them..... why does it have to be so difficult!

I am less keen on the less finished look of the EC boots, with bare screws on the inside and lots of parts, but I love the idea of the gloves, the sole is so much more cushioned than any others I looked at, though the fit has to be 100% as they just push on and when I tried them previously they just didn't suit Jess but I plan to try again as have now discovered you can heat fit them so they are perfect.

I saw the video when SG said they had tested that piece to destruction, but they haven't been out long enough to be used extensively enough to know how they are really going to last IMO, my rene's are 4 years old now and have done loads of miles and will probably get another couple of hundred before they are done for. I guess one other thing that puts me off is I've seen a lot of SG come up for sale second hand after only being tried on and I've not seen much in the way of general joe public reviews raving about them, that could just be the whole weird sizing thing tho :)

It is definitely not a one shoe fits all type of thing, the features of some really don't suit others and visa versa, it is a mine field!

I am less keen on the less finished look of the EC boots, with bare screws on the inside and lots of parts, but I love the idea of the gloves, the sole is so much more cushioned than any others I looked at, though the fit has to be 100% as they just push on and when I tried them previously they just didn't suit Jess but I plan to try again as have now discovered you can heat fit them so they are perfect.

I saw the video when SG said they had tested that piece to destruction, but they haven't been out long enough to be used extensively enough to know how they are really going to last IMO, my rene's are 4 years old now and have done loads of miles and will probably get another couple of hundred before they are done for. I guess one other thing that puts me off is I've seen a lot of SG come up for sale second hand after only being tried on and I've not seen much in the way of general joe public reviews raving about them, that could just be the whole weird sizing thing tho :)

It is definitely not a one shoe fits all type of thing, the features of some really don't suit others and visa versa, it is a mine field!

If you see any more SG's come up for sale second had would you point me in the general direction please? I can't find any... I may be looking in the wrong places though as although I am technically on 'facebook' I don't actually use it, so my searches are the usual, ebay, pre loved kind of thing.

If you see any more SG's come up for sale second had would you point me in the general direction please? I can't find any... I may be looking in the wrong places though as although I am technically on 'facebook' I don't actually use it, so my searches are the usual, ebay, pre loved kind of thing.
I normally see them on the facebook groups;
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Barefoothorseboots/?ref=bookmarks (first post on that one is currently SGs or

Reactions: Kite_Rider
newrider.com