Tack colour people wouldn't want?

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
I'm setting up my bitless bridle trials again and will be making up some bitless for people to test, I want a colour that stands out, but one that not many people would want to keep, so it's an incentive to send it back :wink:

I'm thinking orange or lime green, but what colour tack would you least likely want?

What about a deposit? I used to like orange as it was part of my reflective. :giggle:

I had something grey/silver once that Zilco discontined because it wasn't popular.

There will be a trial price, but I've heard stories of people not sending trials items back, so just wanted to have a colour safeguard just in case :giggle:

The trials I did the company had their own courier to collect, not sure if that makes a difference?
Guess its a trust thing unless you can select people you know of online or in RL.

What about doing a mix of pink,lime green orange brown things that clash but still does the jib?I love your things but wouldn't keep colours like that mixed together ;)

I reckon orange and yellow would be the least popular colours. I like lime green!

I'm not the best person to give an opinion here cos I only do tack in brown or black!

ETA I have literally just recommended you to someone on HHO looking for lime green bridles :D

Last edited:
A yucky sludgey green.....you know, the colour of your horses poo when the grass comes though :giggle:

I wouldn't want that. I also wouldn't want any bright colours, but I know some people are keen on that!

Well, I am the wrong person to respond, as I definitely would not want any tack colours that were not either dark brown or black. I certainly wouldn't want London Tan for instance.

I think you need to produce a hot pink colour to send to male riders and an orange for women.

Personally, I can't bear orange - but maybe lots of women love it - not sure!!!

Having just ordered a red, white and blue halter, no combo colour is safe. :wink:

What about stamping the words, on loan, borrowed, trial, sample on it.
PS. Your website link still doesn't work.

Website works for me, and many other people (I've had it tested) so not sure why it doesn't work for some :unsure:

I had orders last week for orange, lime green and pink!

I have a look when I'm at work ;) but use nags equestrian fb page when ordering had lots of practice now!loads of pics and great service :)

newrider.com