tack shop logo's

dizzy~mare

May 23, 2008
I need opinions from some horsey people:p

For my Desgin and Tec A-level, im doing a project on my local tack shop.
Part of this includes making a logo and i am completly stuck, so need some honest opninons (mum is hopless)

I have posted a few of my ideas, unfortunalty the quality of image isnt great.

So if you could say:
-what you do like?
-what you dont like?
-suggestions of new ideas?

Thank you, and kind of comment will be usefull

Attachments

• arc logo.jpg
    arc logo.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 48
  • LOGO SQU.jpg
    LOGO SQU.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 52
  • LOGO JUMP.jpg
    LOGO JUMP.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 46
  • mod lgo.jpg
    mod lgo.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 48
They all look quite good, I prefer the group 2nd from left... Think the use of blue is a good idea as it is a cool (retracting) colour so it won't detract from the name itself...

Have you considered using equine equipment as a logo pic instead of horses? eg. horseshoe, crop, saddle. . . I prefer the horses myself as it relays the message of all things horsey to even a "non-horsey) person, but thought you'd appreciate the idea! :)

Everything looks good!

They all look quite good; I like the last lot, and the second from left ones with the SJ image. Of the ones with the SJ image, I think the one on the bottom left is best, as the shop name is nice and clear.

the blue logo's were the original ones that i started with and they seem to be the fav.

i hadnt thought of using tack etc, thanks will go and make more now,
to add to the descision :p

My son did a similar thing when he was at school as part of his tech course. He went on to do Marketing and Advertising at Uni, so I asked for his comments, bearing in mind he is non-horsey. He said that:
1 The best logos are the simplest ones
2 Solid colours attract the eye
3 Bright colours attract the eye
4 Keep it clean ( not cluttered)
When he looked at your pics he said:

Group 1 blue clearer than the pink but looks bit cluttered

Group 2 again blue is clearer but too much detail in the top two pics

Group 3 bottom row too pale and the middle and right at bottom cluttered. He thought the outline in the middle two was good but would need to be bolder maybe black, and top left and right as group 2

Group 4 outline is good but again is too pale.

He also said picture your logo as an advert in a newspaper, would it stand out in a group of adverts.

Hope that helps! I like group 4 in blue and group 3 middle top.

ah wow! i love them! there really good. My favourite ones are in the 3rd group. The large mare and foal in red with the slogan under it and the mare and foal in red with the green strip and slogan.

I think the slogan works really well on the logo and can help make a person remember it better.

Well done by the way!

wow thanks for all your replies didnt expect so many
special thanks to bevy for all the effort

just to add more choice:p i have come up with some more
i have also decided to invest in some better software since i used publisher for these

Attachments

• Desgin 1.jpg
    Desgin 1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 22
  • mod 2.jpg
    mod 2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 23
  • mod3.jpg
    mod3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 25
I really like the bottom right one of the second from right ones (3rd ones across), as it is nice and flowing, for lack of a better word!

i also like the far right hand group just in general because i think the slightly less overpowering colours work better, and to me make the name of a classier establishment; although it does depend on what you have decided on as the TYPE of place you are trying to market!!

sorry if that makes no sense btw :)

xXx

I think the red one in the last bunch works the best... The red is warm so it "jumps out" at you, and the name is clear and east to read - the picture is a dead giveaway that it is a tack shop, love the sort of flowy lines!!! Great job :D

first of all remember the golden rule, any logo must work in black and white. to start with, forget colour. and the simpler the better. all logos must work small as well as big. have you researched other tack/horsey logos and see what they do?

have you looked at other horse related items you can use for the logo other than a horse(sounds daft i know but often the best ideas come through research and a bit of scribbly doodles on a sheet! out of the selection you have shown i prefer the second et, bottom ones as they would work black and white. but its all about getting the ideas out

also think about having the logo mainly of text but having a small icon horse related, perhaps linked to a letter.

its real good you are getting first hand research like asking people on here. anything else i can help you with let me know, iv graduated with a degree in graphic design and been working in the industry for over a year ;)

and to me make the name of a classier establishment; although it does depend on what you have decided on as the TYPE of place you are trying to market!!

sorry if that makes no sense btw :)

xXx

Erm I don't see the harm in trying out your suggestion... We have a tackshop called hack 'n tack. Maybe something similar?

Not that I think there's anything wrong with the name you've already chosen, just thought it might be fun experimenting like that...;):D

Thanks for all your replies, the name and quote were thought of by the owneres and i cant change that even though i agree 'for everything but the horse' doesnt read correctly.

thanks again

I like what your doing, but personally I still think the best one so far is in the first series of logos, the second from the left. the shadow/solid horse shape would work well small/large and in black and white or colour

newrider.com