Talk to me about

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
The Micklem multi bridle :)

I've been considering on for a while, I've been torn between this and having a made to measure one (with slight adjustments either side just in case) of plaited leather done for him.

His comfort is everything to me and I'm finding with normal bridles I'm having to buy two bridles to put together as one to make him comfortable and as he's getting older and with his teeth the shape of normal nosebands off the peg are annoying him.

So it's either have one made to suit his head or try something different. Yes I'm not competing so I'm not buying for show nor competition but all the signs are there he's not happy with something. I've tried three different nosebands and without and also had a go bit less which was fine until I had to take a pull then we had the fight I'm having with his at present. His teeth are fine for an old guy apart from one which is below th gum line now so the one opposite has to be looked at more often, expected in older horses ;)

I'm tempted to trial a Micklem to see then if it doesn't suit have the M2M made.

If anyone has one could they give their opinion?? Even if it didn't suit would be good feedback also as its a big purchase for me and I'm not into gimmicks so would rather spend the money productively :)

Have you seen the new fairfax bridles? Diamonds in the rough dressage on FB uses them. Sorry it's no help with the Micklem question but you mentioned nose and shape and the fairfax are quite, Erm, interesting!

Reactions: MrC
I have just bought a second hand one off Ebay. It's the competition version though. Had to bid on a few before I managed to get one, they sell very well. I put in an offer on a 'Buy it now or best offer' and got it for £10.00 less than I would have paid and also about £15.00 less than all the others I had been bidding on actually sold for, so I should get my money back if I need to sell it on.

I tried it today for the first time. It is awkward to see if you have fit it correctly, I think it's a matter of trial and error.
Went for a hack in it, noticed no real difference in the way she went. I will try schooling in it tomorrow and see how we get on.

Well. That wasn't a great success :(
Star went so badly in the school, she was constantly fussing with her head and mouthing the bit. I adjusted it a couple of times whilst riding to make sure the nose and was in the correct position, but I think the problem is that Star doesn't like the bottom strap which fits very low.
Anyone want to buy a Micklem Bridle.......

I was at BD camp this month and they were very popular there. I fitted on to my friends pony but we didnt see a huge difference in her way of going.

The fairfax ones are lovely but a) £500 and b) very big the nose band is huge. I looked at one for ginger and it was just way to big for his face.

In the end I went for an Albion kind of made to measure as I order all the pieces separately to the size I wanted the shop (National Saddle Centre) have built it to my order I am just waiting for it to arrive as the nose band had to be made to order as I only wanted 20mm. again expensive but like you I wanted something that he was happy and as comfortable as possible (he is always a little tender on his poll).

newrider.com