Talking of Rearing...

I've come across that before, I think it looks like the rear/leapy bit was an intentional trick but the horse slipped on the road surface at the crucial moment. I saw a horse flip over with my boss but she landed clear of him and got off lightly with a twisted ankle and a bruised back, really scary to watch! That particular horse had a history of issues, including extreme and unpredictable rearing, which were only disclosed to her by the owners AFTER this incident - needless to say she wouldn't have ridden him for them had she known he had done this before!

Not watched the footage.

I know what a 13.1hh pony can do rearing and falling. Friend has the bruises to show for that. Plus sling and painkillers.

I'm gob smacked that he walked away from that! Poor pony was very lucky too as could have sustained a serious injury

No wonder, poor horse, what a stupid rider.

He kept pulling at its mouth and backing up. If you want a horse to stay on all four feet, ride it forward, not try to stop or go backwards.

I suspect he had some sort of trick in mind to show off, that went wrong. What a twit.

Friends little 11.2 reared up a while back was spooked and rider pulled back on the reins in a panic, went over and the girl ended up with a broken pelvis, she's ok now. That horse does not look happy at all throughout that video.

I can't believe that when he got up the ran away from the horse towards the camera leaving it in the middle of the road on its own. There were mothers and small children standing a few meters away. Idiot is the only polite way I can describe him.

I can't believe that when he got up the ran away from the horse towards the camera leaving it in the middle of the road on its own. There were mothers and small children standing a few meters away. Idiot is the only polite way I can describe him.

Isn't that always the way of the coward though? methinks he's wound horses up before and they have retaliated in the past.

newrider.com