Talking of rugs

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Has anyone had hands on experience with the cool heat rugs?

I feel for Hank on days like these, very wet and bitterly cold but I don't like to put a normal rug on him with his huge coat. It would be an expensive option but might be better...maybe?

Lady on my fb friends list had one, she sold it as didnt feel it was exactly comfortable. She said it left indentations in the hair and skin of her horse but she did admit he was a thinner skinned sensitive arab and perhaps on a different type of coat/horse it wouldnt be an issue but she didnt feel comfortable using it for any length of time.

Lady on my fb friends list had one, she sold it as didnt feel it was exactly comfortable. She said it left indentations in the hair and skin of her horse but she did admit he was a thinner skinned sensitive arab and perhaps on a different type of coat/horse it wouldnt be an issue but she didnt feel comfortable using it for any length of time.
There was a real surge of 'yay these are great' a while back, then a little while later there were lots of them for sale....so I am not entirely convinced though the principle of them seems like its good

newrider.com